Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Iraqi's revolt in Baghdad

Lets not restart a dead issue guys...

-Skater

Guest Ranger332

ITS NOT A "DEAD ISSUE" somone made a posting and I corrected it we should not forget this isent over till its quelled there will still be forces in play rember we still have had forces in Saudi from the 90-91 war. I dont want ppl missled that this is easy or over. so if things go wrong we wont be shocked. The area is far from being sucure,and lives can still be lost or changed from it (example the ones injured from the "bomb" handed to them). No it far from a dead issus. but we must not get to aurguing about it just informed.

ITS NOT A "DEAD ISSUE" somone  made a posting and I corrected it we should not forget this isent over till its quelled there will still be forces in play rember we still have had forces in Saudi from the 90-91 war. I dont want ppl missled that this is easy or over. so if things go wrong we wont be shocked. The area is far from being sucure,and lives can still be lost or changed from it (example the ones injured from the "bomb" handed to them). No it far from a dead issus. but we must not get to aurguing about it just informed.

Understood R, and believe me, I KNOW. But my response was really for Snapple. I just don't want this topic to spiral out of control again. I don't need to see any "overheated" responses that cross the line over into personal attacks.

-Skater

Guest Ranger332

"Understood R, and believe me, I KNOW. But my response was really for Snapple. I just don't want this topic to spiral out of control again. I don't need to see any "overheated" responses that cross the line over into personal attacks"

I dont think he will do that.

me myself would reather not see anything the related subjects on sims here myself but as it was posted :lol:

Ya I dont really see much of reason to get into it, I actually agree with Ranger on this topic :o . I cant believe some of the people they have coming on the news talkin about how its gonna be so easy, for example Fox News is now the retired generals network, but they did have one guy with a good head on his shoulders talking about how bad the war could go, kinda going against the strategy that was being praised. He was asking questions like what happened to the 100,000 Iraqi soldiers that we had yet to kill or capture. Needless to say that that particular "analyst" was not back on fox news.

All I can say about the war so far is, that I really do not like how the media is turning it into a football game. I personally like still photos, there is no need for everyone (even MTV) to have a combat corespondent. Why do they feel the need to cut away from the other news and go to a new fire fight. Next thing you know we'll be putting cheerleaders with the men. :lol: USA! USA! USA! WHOOOOOO.

2nd thing I have to say. As I have picked up on some political talk on this thread. To all you wonderful Republican servicemen and veterans, your fantastic new Republican Congress has just cut your veterans benefits to help pay for the tax "cut". So I say be very skeptical of anyone (especially politicians) who wave the flag, because that same flag makes a very good blanket for the dirty deeds that they are trying to hide.

Saying my piece, I'm not saying that you should all become liberals or something, just giving you my opinion, it shouldn't be offensive, as that is not the tone of this statement. But I do feel somewhat cheated by having my cookies constantly screwing up. :D

Enjoy or loathe the war in your own special way, just dont start tail gating in front of your nearest military base (or protesting for that matter)... that would be far to much. :lol: Just leave our boys alone, and let them do their job, send letters, and presents if you will, but not hate mail.

One more thing (sorry, but I had to do this). I was driving down US 192 (quite often), and everytime I drive by this particular intersection, I see three middle aged women with anti-war/anti-whatever signs (they are in front of the mall), no more than 60 feet away is a panhandling bum (in front of Best Buy), and I always think to myself... "One in the same".

If you must post after this, keep it real, keep it cool, keep it civil. 8)

Cheers,

Jay

Guest Ranger332

Then BEST is GEN David L Grange ret.

I served with hjim back in the 70's he was with "BLUE LIGHT" and an origenal member of DELTA. served in the Phonix Program in "NAM" with "The MAFIA HIT TEAM" was a RANGER LRRP.

"To all you wonderful Republican servicemen and veterans, your fantastic new Republican Congress has just cut your veterans benefits to help pay for the tax "cut". " but take note that the active duty will be granted a 13% incress (not enough for full time duty in my book but they dident ask me lol.(NOTE IAM a reserve Soldier,so it wont effect me much.),and Social Escurity took a bigger hit and that effects meny more.

I'm a Reserve Sailor R. Looks like we're getting +4% this year. Not bad if you ask me, but I recently came off of an activation, and I think that if you have been activated in the last 12 months for 6 months or more, then you should be entitled to the full 13% pay increase.

Just my opinion. I don't think that Congress is listening to me though. :)

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Guest Ranger332

I dont think they ever ask us lol

I dont think the boys on the hill asked anyone. Notice they'll probably be getting a raise this year.

Can't believe they hit SS, that's just wrong. What ever happened to the "Lock Box"?