Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Got my copy of Strike Fighters Gold. Some questions

Happy to say i got my copy of SFG today. What are the differences between this version and "basic" Strike Fighters? It has A-4F. Any differences in terrain file? My point is -I have different installs of Wings over Vietnam (basic, Israeli, PAW, KAW) and in those installs im using terrain .cat file from WoV. If i swap them (not Nam of course) with preffered SFG desert.cat, will it smash my installs in any way? I mean campaign progress mostly. Or they are equal in content (terrain objects etc) after WoE-level patch?

Thanks for any info

There's not much difference between SFG and the normal SF except that SFG has two more campaigns and has no C-130 and F-104 due to problems with Lockheed Martin.

The F-104G is a both offical and third party mod, TW has one and Ajundar has created the whole family of F-104s. Both are available here, but I think that the F-104 comes with SP4 (correct me if I'm wrong)

The C-130 isn't available officially, but you can extract it from you .cat file or download the C-130J here. All of the C-130A skins work with it and it has flares, chaff, and an animated cargo bay.

There is a comparison chart at column5's site here: http://www.column5.us/sfchart.htm that tells the differences.

If you want to swap desert.cat files, AFAIK, there's no difference, but I don't have SFG (only SFP1 and WoV) so I don't know.

Have fun!

There's not much difference between SFG and the normal SF except that SFG has two more campaigns and has no C-130 and F-104 due to problems with Lockheed Martin.

The F-104G is a both offical and third party mod, TW has one and Ajundar has created the whole family of F-104s. Both are available here, but I think that the F-104 comes with SP4 (correct me if I'm wrong)

The C-130 isn't available officially, but you can extract it from you .cat file or download the C-130J here. All of the C-130A skins work with it and it has flares, chaff, and an animated cargo bay.

There is a comparison chart at column5's site here: http://www.column5.us/sfchart.htm that tells the differences.

If you want to swap desert.cat files, AFAIK, there's no difference, but I don't have SFG (only SFP1 and WoV) so I don't know.

Have fun!

Jtin thank you for detailed info.

I am now going to patch my copy to latest patch -will see about Starfighter. I dll it for WoV long ago from TW main site. ABout swapping terrain files -gonna extract both terrains (SFG and WOV) and compare -there is some interesting stuff hidden inside afaik. And the Marcenary campaign (just flew two missions moment ago) is an addictive thing. Being bad-good boy. F-16 Agressor and eternally gold Strike Commander comes to my mind.

Ok, i hope i solved it all now. Thanks again Jtin.

Thanks for the good gouge on Hercs. Do we have a mod were we can dump a pallet or two of CBU's or even a MOAB out the back? Great! I'll probably to have snivel for a straight and level bomb site to make it bitchin now. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1166236428_thumb.jpg