Sign in to follow this  

The readme for this download and many of the previews I have seen mention that there would be a ground invasion of Cuba in this update. But so far in the campaign I am flying, I have seen no US ground troops, and when I flew a CAS mission in the single missions, I would arrive at the objective point then Red Crown would tell me that the mission was successfull. Did I install something wrong or was I decieved in believing there would be an invasion?

The readme for this download and many of the previews I have seen mention that there would be a ground invasion of Cuba in this update. But so far in the campaign I am flying, I have seen no US ground troops, and when I flew a CAS mission in the single missions, I would arrive at the objective point then Red Crown would tell me that the mission was successfull. Did I install something wrong or was I decieved in believing there would be an invasion?

Decieved?

What is the date you are at in the campaign? The US forces will not appear anywhere until about two weeks into the campaign. In the README, I have the dates listed.

For CAS missions in SINGLE MISSIONS to work, there has to be a cuba_movement.ini set up properly in the Cuba terrain's folder. I'll look when I get home, but I didn't change the file from the original release. This doesn't effect CAS missions showing up in the campaign, as I have been tasked to fly several.

oh, OK. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I'll check the campaign date as soon as I can. How do you modify the cuba_movement.ini to allow CAS missions?

oh, OK. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I'll check the campaign date as soon as I can. How do you modify the cuba_movement.ini to allow CAS missions?

It's not something I can do off the top of my head, but it needs to have routes for the ground objects to move from. It's just some XY points.

If it is missing these, I'll post one here when I get home tonight after my game.

You can look at any of the stock terrain's _movement.ini by extracting it from their .cat file. Just make sure whatever XY locations you put in are over land, or you will have floating tanks. Kreelin's mission editor is a good tool for picking XY locations off a map, or you can get them from the terrain's _targets.ini file.

But worse case, just wait for me to put one here tonight.

Copy and paste the two routes to the bottom of your CUBA_MOVEMENT.INI in the /Terrain/Cuba directory, and you will now get CAS missions when you select CAS for a Single Mission.

Also, if you're getting past 11/08/1962, and the ground war doesn't start, let me know and tell me what your Campaign Settings are when you start the campaign.

[Route008]

RouteType=GROUND_ATTACK

StartArea=Mariel Airbase

EndArea=Ciudad Libertad Airfield

RoutePosition[001]=263600,575600

RoutePosition[002]=269700,579000

[Route009]

RouteType=GROUND_ATTACK

StartArea=Matanzas AAA Site

EndArea=Cuban Tabbaco Company Complex 2

RoutePosition[001]=379700,555000

RoutePosition[002]=391000,554000

I was wonderin' if this will work in WoV as well and why ya must do a separate

install for it to work ...

ALSO ... do I need the ORIGINAL OTC for this to work ?

Thanks ~

Showtime, you do not need the original. This has everything you need.