Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Silly question about skin resolutions

Uuummm :blush: how do I reduce the resolution for the 2048 skins like the F-15 and the MIG-29A using paint, yes that's all I have :sorry: when I go to image, attributes and then change the res to 1024*768 it cuts the skinso any pointers ? Sorry I know this is silly but until recently I've never had to use any of the paint related skills.

Uuummm :blush: how do I reduce the resolution for the 2048 skins like the F-15 and the MIG-29A using paint, yes that's all I have :sorry: when I go to image, attributes and then change the res to 1024*768 it cuts the skinso any pointers ? Sorry I know this is silly but until recently I've never had to use any of the paint related skills.

You must resize it square....eg...1024x1024....1000x1000 or whatever

Instead of going to attributes in the image sub menu, go to Stretch/Skew. Then according to what size bitmap you have apply, the appropriate percentage to get it to the desired resolution. For example, if you had a 2048 pixel square bitmap, you would enter 25% in both horizontal and vertical parameters if you wanted the bitmap resized to 512 pixels square. When you do this don't worry about having the bitmap selected with the selection tool.

Instead of going to attributes in the image sub menu, go to Stretch/Skew. Then according to what size bitmap you have apply, the appropriate percentage to get it to the desired resolution. For example, if you had a 2048 pixel square bitmap, you would enter 25% in both horizontal and vertical parameters if you wanted the bitmap resized to 512 pixels square. When you do this don't worry about having the bitmap selected with the selection tool.

Thanks for the assist Bib :good: