So I see, all these fantastic new planes coming out, the F-14, A-7, etc., etc., but I have yet to see any news of someone planning on doing an

A-6. I know all of you supreme modders, are busy working on other projects, but I was just wondering if any of you has given any real thought to doing an A-6.

I dont know which one I looked at last nite, the links you guys gave to sim HQ were havin a problem comin up so I just did the manual thing, looks like somebody wants to do an EA-5B too, so maybe when the game gets all sorted out, we can do full on alpha strikes with mp coop... sweeeeeeet!

mmmm...alpha strikes. Now we just need a whole Soviet fleet, then, ya that would rock. I can't wait to fly the Intruder.

Guest Ranger332

all in time young jedi all in time lol

mmmm...alpha strikes. Now we just need a whole Soviet fleet, then, ya that would rock. I can't wait to fly the Intruder.

oh what the hell,while we are at the dreaming thing,why not a viggie? Id like see a a-5,then fly it full burner down in the weeds.......then of course there's the f11f and the f-8.......yep the f11,the only bird ever to shoot itself down,now THAT is fast lol lol...

Oh yes, I agree totally about the "Viggie".

The RA-5C Vigilante was a beautiful aircraft. It was, however, a hydraulic mechanic's nightmare. Leaked constantly.

I only had brief enounters with Viggies when I was assigned to Pax River, MD in the early 70s. I worked on the ejection seat systems on two viggies attached to the North Site Maintenance division.

Chief W.

The RA-5C Vigilante was a beautiful aircraft. It was, however, a hydraulic mechanic's nightmare. Leaked constantly.

Chief you ought have seen them going off the pointy end of the boat at night lol. that was a sight,almost as much fun as watching a whale come in and trap...and let us not forget the bomb bay thing in between the engines,talk bout crapping bombs... :roll:

GOD! First the Leafs win in Double OT to send it to game 7, and now Ranger's posting screenies of an A-6... can this night get any better?

Guest Ranger332

ROFLOL

"some days your the bug-----somedays your the windshield" lol

EA-6B Prowler progress...

General Characteristics

Primary Function: Electronic countermeasures

Contractor: Northrop Grumman Aerospace Corporation

Propulsion: Two Pratt & Whitney J52-P408 engines (10,400 pounds thrust each)

Length: 59 feet 10 inches (17.7 meters)

Wingspan: 53 feet (15.9 meters)

Height: 16 feet 8 inches (4.9 meters)

Weight: Max gross take-off: 61,500 pounds (27,450 kg)

Speed: Over 500 knots (575 mph, 920 kmh)

Range: Over 1,000 nautical miles (1,150 miles, 1,840 km)

Ceiling: 37,600 feet

Crew: Four: pilot and three electronic countermeasures officers

Armament: AGM-88B or C HARM missile

Date Deployed: First flight, May 25, 1968; Operational, July 1971

Still needs several weeks of work, flight model testing, getting it into SF, and then texture mapping. In the end it's going to look pretty nice. Going to hopefully have animated folding wings among other animations.

Hawker once you get it mapped , I'll skin it if you want. Alot of the recources that I'm digging up for the Intruder are also good for the Prowler.

You got it Tiwaz. Thanks for offering to help. I will definitely need help in the painting dept. :)

Have to go back to work for a few days, then I'll finish up the animating of parts and naming issues, and hopefully get it into the game within the next week sometime. Once that's done I'll texture map it, then send out a call for a few artists to come forth and paint it. Then during this time I'll be tweaking the FM, along with hopefully TK and company (if they choose to help when I ask for it).

Guest Ranger332

Low Flight

Anonymous

Oh! I've slipped through swirling clouds of dust, a few feet from the dirt.

I've flown the Intruder low enough to make my bottom hurt.

I've SRTC'd the desert, hills and valley, mountains, too.

Frolicked in the trees, where only flying squirrels flew.

Chased the frightened cows along, disturbed the ram and ewe,

and done a hundred other things, that you'd only care to do.

I've smacked the tiny sparrow, bluebird, robin, all the rest.

I've ingested baby eagles, simply sucked them from their nest.

I've streaked through total darkness, just the other guy and me,

and spent the night in terror of things I could not see.

I've turned my eyes to heaven, as I sweated through the flight,

put out my tired hand and touched The Master Caution Light.

Guest Ranger332

http://www.geocities.com/terravelo/A6_INTR...DERPROJECT.html

ARMAMENT: FIVE STORES LOCATIONS EACH RATED AT 1,344 KG/3,600 LB CARRYING CAPACITY W/ COMBINATION OF MK-80 SERIES GP BOMBS, GUIDED BOMB UNITS(GBU'S), AGM-65 MAVERICK MISSILES, AGM-88 MISSILES, AGM-84M HARPOON MISSILES, AIM-9 SIDEWINDER MISSILES, AND AGM-62 WALLEYE.

(starting to hate geocities they wont let you post from there sites--pics)