I'm not sure if he did it this way but you can get the effect by going into an aircrafts skin folder and editing the textureset.ini

Change the Specular and Glossiness values to what you like.

Very easy and quick.

I'm not sure if he did it this way but you can get the effect by going into an aircrafts skin folder and editing the textureset.ini

Change the Specular and Glossiness values to what you like.

Very easy and quick.

Not really....in fact, not at all. :biggrin:

The images posted above are the result of a few environmentsystem.ini tweaks, specifically dealing with ambient light color and sun light intensity.

I got a Starfighter that shone just the same as your pic. In fact I compared what i had done with you pic - samesame.

I suppose it's a case of the relationship between the games lighting and the a/c skin reflection? values.

It certainly gives the StarFighter a polished skin!

Hey Furbar512, what exactly are you trying to do? I made a suggestion to Dueces about sunlight reflection off of aircrafts so it would immitate real world visuals of them when they're far away. Are you actually trying to accomplish this? If so, then wow, cool! Perhaps a really bright reflection off the canopies as well since they're glass. Anyways, carry on with what you're doing. Looks fantastic.

Hey Furbar512, what exactly are you trying to do? I made a suggestion to Dueces about sunlight reflection off of aircrafts so it would immitate real world visuals of them when they're far away. Are you actually trying to accomplish this? If so, then wow, cool! Perhaps a really bright reflection off the canopies as well since they're glass. Anyways, carry on with what you're doing. Looks fantastic.

Reflection has limits in SF, contrasting colors seems to be the best bet for aircraft visibility within the limits imposed by the lod files. For example, a silver skinned MiG-21 is quite easy to pick up against a dark colored terrain.

What I was trying to accomplish was to create a more realistic environmental lighting effect, which I did.