Sign in to follow this  
Dante-JT

BlackBuck raids trial video

Still very rough, but the mighty Avro Vulcan dropping destructive bombs in a flight sim isn't something we see everyday:

For these trials, we spawned in mid-air over ocean a few miles northeast of Port Stanley. Victor tankers and Ascension island aren't ready yet but for final product the mission profile will probably be historical (in-flight refuellings).

Nice, you got more hits than the real one :grin:

Really nice Dante!

I like to see some a-4 shoting at some Type42 warship ! Yes !

Edited by Dante-JT

Really nice Dante!

I like to see some a-4 shoting at Type42 warship ! Yes !

This is something I also want to see but we have a damage modelling bug that refuses to go away :) maybe this post speed things up :P

Anyway, there's a quick workaround as I said, where the exploded compartment simply disappear - looks very rough but gives you a good idea of what we plan at least, check this video:

http://www.thunder-works.com/sinking1.rar

(uncompress the .rar archive to watch in Media Player)

The A-4Q has the HUD "borrowed" fom SHAR to help us calibrate the data and launching parameters :) don't worry, it'll go away as A-4Q had no HUD in Malvinas.

Of course the whole front section of the Type 42 warship disappear without debris or fire, very exaggerated for sure, and the sinking is too fast to test if it really will sink and be removed of 3D world.

But you can check that the warship sinks correctly sinking first through the destroyed compartment (front section).

(edited for video link and stuff)

Edited by Dante-JT

WOW !! Yes, very nice. I like the sunk, and like you say about the sinking time is not to bad... it's ok (I think) considering the lost of the front! Like the Belgrano it sunk really fast when they lost the hull front and another hit too. I think The bomb is too powerfull.

In the video you release the bombs at very low alt, our bombs do not explode in the conflict!, is this possible for the game?...

Thanks for the video. Looking for this game!

Edited by foxmonter

WOW !! Yes, very nice. I like the sunk, and like you say about the sinking time is not to bad... it's ok (I think) considering the lost of the front! Like the Belgrano it sunk really fast when they lost the hull front and another hit too. I think The bomb is too powerfull.

Yes it is too powerful now, but we're a bit far from the specially important part of development: balancing stats. I look forward to entering this phase, means we have a solid damage and weapons system architecture ready below.

In the video you release the bombs at very low alt, our bombs do not explode in the conflict!, is this possible for the game?...

Thanks for the video. Looking for this game!

Depends on fuse timing, this bomb was 'fused' to detonate on impact with hull. But I'm reading "Halcones de Malvinas", most bombs were fused to penetrate deep inside the hull and detonate only many seconds later, to avoid hitting with the blast the other "numerales" (planes in the flight) that are coming behind. But as we know, many bombs never detonated at all, and many penetrated the hull in one side to come out in the other hitting harmlessly the sea.

Edited by Dante-JT