Sign in to follow this  
Monty CZ

Nieuport 17

Just an FM update...

The N17 is about to get into the FM factory this weekend... reason its not started is that Ive been working on the N24 and N11... by doing that it helps me to establish where I want the N17... right between the 24 and 11...

I test under following conditions... fights are 6v6 AI vs AI... mission is a 7v6 where I lawn dart into the ground right of the bat and let the AI´s fight it out... making it a 6v6...

Currently 28s beat 24s by a narrow margin. Usually just 2 or so 28s left flying.

The 24s in turn devistate the N11s. 24s usually dont loose more then 1 maybe sometimes 2.

My goal is to have the N17 ballanced in so that the N24 vs N17 is just as even as the N28 vs N24 and N17 vs N11 just as even..

This is done after the planes are through the speed, climb and general feel round.

Tex

Glad to hear everythings progressing. Like MrCraig, Im looking forward to this baby too. :smile:

Hi Tex, this is great news.

Not only will we get all the main Nieups, but the FM will be modelled by the same person to give consistency. We all owe you heaps, and of course the extremely talented plane makers, Monty and EmID.

Your testing sounds a superb approach, after the general model is first done, it does seem like the best way of tweaking them.

Do you also pit AI Nieups against AI german planes?

Cheers

Tex and modellers, I know this is too early (and very greedy :biggrin: )...but was wondering given discussion initiated by Tex on Dolphin and optional guns, has consideration been given to different gun loads on N17, I think it is, would be cool, even if different planes, you know one with vickers on nose, other with lewis on wing, both common I believe depending on nation etc ....just a thought :rolleyes:

Jus' asking cause it looks like we are going to get a fantastic series of Nieups for FE.....someting for some guys to be fantastically proud of, others to have heaps of fun...........

Really looking forward to these Nieuport's. Good job Tex, Monty and any others involved in these very worthwhile kites.

Edited by catch

Looks great, cant wait to fly the nimble little fighter!!!

Just uploaded this plane to CombatAce

Thanx to TexMurphy who did the ini woodoo

post-255-1172169200_thumb.jpg

Just uploaded this plane to CombatAce

Thanx to TexMurphy who did the ini woodoo

And a most sincere thanks to you guys... What a day, what a week!!!

Hi guys..

Absolutely superb Monty and tex..I cant thank you enough..both this great plane, the bebe and the Roland all within a day of each other and all beutiful models and amazing to fly..Hats off to you gentlemen and all at Capuns too of course..I know what im going to be doing all weekend! lol..

take care and best wishes....

Rab ;0)

Fife

Scotland