Sign in to follow this  
Echo333

AI behaviour: how to improve?

Hi guys,

Is there a way to improve the AI behaviour? e.g. air to air / air to ground. They seem to vanish, immediately upon receipt of orders. They are too quick!

Cheers,

Echo

:?

Could you be a little bit more specific about the AI behavior? What exactly do you mean by "disappear"?

Hi Kidgalahad,

When I move my joystick in a direction, I see that the accompanying planes, simultaniously, i.e almost immediately, change their course as well, without hesitation, copying my exact move for 100%. This simply looks unnatural.

Moreover when issuing orders, i.e. attack air, or attack ground, the accompanying AI planes move so quickly towards their targets, that they seem to have dissappeared at the moment I look around after having issued the attack order. After a second of looking where they have flown to, they seem much too far a way. This is especially striking if your AI wingman receives an order to attack a ground object in front or under your plane: he seems to dive like an idiot acrobat superman with turbo boost almost 90% down.

Does anybody have the same experience?

Cheers Echo

:)

Or is it simply the game......................? :cry:

Guest Ranger332

"When I move my joystick in a direction, I see that the accompanying planes, simultaniously, i.e almost immediately, change their course as well, without hesitation, copying my exact move for 100%. This simply looks unnatural. "

except for BCM when your in a formation you call a move prior

IE" On my mark 10 degree left bank--------3--2--1--mark.

The rest of your statement Ive only seen they rush ahead when I applied Airbrakes to let them do so. so I can observe the strike from the pilots view.

I haven't noticed any "otherworldly" behavior such as warping to the target. They will immediately(if they do at all) respond to your order to attack. If you give the order, and start your attack first, you shouldn't see them reach the target before you do. Unless of course your approach to the target is less than direct.

333 i've noticed all the things you mentioned and then some, i guess the only hope for us is in a patch somewhere down the line. i write my own missions and add only 1 or 2 wingmen and that seems to help some.

Guest Ranger332

lets list systems and os here might be able to find a common link?

I had np

2.0 gig cel

512sddram

radean 7500

xp

sb live

second sys that is now Jaegers

1.6 gig p

1 gig ddr

Gforce 440

xp

sb

Mine is

WinXP Home

AMD Athlon XP2200+

512 MB DDR

Geforce4MMX64

SB live 5.1

20gig

I don't think it's the computer system, it is the AI behaviour: they move too fast and too nervous. How can we tackle this? :roll:

Cheers,

Echo