Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Should Biohaz add some FPS forums?

Would you like to see some FPS forums here at Biohaz?  

1. 1. Would you like to see some FPS forums here at Biohaz?

• Hell yes!
    • No way, this is a sim site!
    • Don't care either way...

I've had a lot of requests to add some different forums for various FPS games such as Operation Flashpoint, America's Army, Soldner, and more. I'm curious as to what the general consensus is on this. While the site is dedicated to combat flight sims, a lot of us do play other games as well, and I think it would not be too far out of our realm to has some discussion forums on some of the more popular FPS's out there.

Your thoughts?

OFP is a great sim....have to yes! :D

Guest Ranger332

might start off with a links section to them and see who the traffic is the go from there as needed.

(lol when I first saw it thought ya was talking Frames per second roflol)

I don't own any but I think it would be good for the BioHaz Community

BirdDogg.

I know this is a "SIM" site, however with the state of recent sims, along with the realistic "sim-like" play of some of the FPS's out I think it would be good to add them to the forum.

I consider AAO (America's Army Online) pretty much a SIM because it is very realistic. Watching the recent war coverage on TV, I recognized many of the weapons and their sounds due to this game. Pointing to a guy on TV firing a SAW, I'd tell my wife "oh yeah, I fire that weapon all the time"...lol.

Did I mention AAO is absolutely FREE? http://americasarmy.com/

By far one of the best FPS Teamwork games/sims out. :)

There are some great FPS "sims" out there. Vietcong is another excellent example.

Weas, I tried AA the first two weeks it was out and the server situation was so bad it soured me on the game. I really need to get back on and try it out again.

Well, it looks like the voting is already skewing heavily into the Yes vote already, so I guess the next step is to get a list of Combat FPS games that people are playing and setup the appropriate forums.

Ghost Recon

Ravenshield

Vietcong

America's Army

Splinter Cell (?)

Delta Force

BlackHawk Down

Half Life

Rainbow Six

...for starters. :)

PS. Im all for having sim style shooters on Biohaz. It might turn into a monster to handle though MJ so watch out. I thought about Unreal Tournament and BF1942 also, both excellent games, but they are more run and gun and less tactical sim.

Jeff, I wasn't around for the first few weeks of AAO...mainly due to the fact I still was using a Voodoo 3 video card...which is not supported. :(

After I got my GeForce4 MX 420, I reinstalled it and it ran like a dream. This was probably three months after it was released so I haven't had hardly any server problems. I've been lucky when I have the time to spend upwards of 6 hours playing on the servers without even having to reboot.

Be aware there are a couple of patches out since the initial release that can be found on the site. I'd suggest giving it another, serious play time, test. It's hellafun! :)

Jeff..OFP and Ghost recon and their add-ons seem to be the most popular.just my opinion.

Ghost Recon and its add ons, most definately, great game, and most of the posters on the ubi forum for it, is a dick! As are a great many number of the people that play the game in mp for some reason. So I suggest we start up a little GR clan here, so as to not have all those friendly fire issues (I hate it when people do that).

Splinter Cell.... hmmm... :D

And why not the bloodiest game ever made... Sudden Strike II, so many explosions, so much death.

As long as its a realistic FPS, like OpFlash and AAO. Those I can definately see being added. I'd like the site to stay primarily dedicated to flight sims especially, however.

I think it's a great idea, and a natural progression for the site. I remember having the same discussion with the guys at SimHQ way back when. The result was increased readership and increased traffic to the site. It was a good move for SimHQ, and I think it will be a good move for Biohazcentral. Let's do it. More in the staff forum.

-Skater