Sign in to follow this  
Rampstrike

A skin(s) request, if that is allowable...

Just wondering if anyone could do a couple of more modern skins for the default WOE F-15A. This is my favorite version of the Eagle to fly, but I haven't been able to find any later skins for it, i.e. ones with the newer subdued grey national insignias, gray canopy frame (as opposed to red), and slightly darker color schemes. If there are already some out there done for the default WOE model, please point me in the right direction. If not, is there anyone with the talent willing to do a couple?

And since I'm asking, my faves are the 44th TFS, 18th TFW out of Kadena AFB, circa mid-90's (yes, I know they fly the C-model), the 71st out of Langley, and the 54th out of Elmendorf.

Thanks in advance!

Ramp

Okay, maybe asking for new skins on the stock F-15A is asking too much. But can someone at least tell me how to change the national insignia on the stock skin to a low-vis version? Keep in mind, I don't have Photoshop or any other editing program besides the cheap "Paint" program that comes with Windows.

Anyone? Please... :dntknw:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ramp

Hey Rampstrike, I've been meaning to get back to you on this. I have in fact redrawn the stock F-15A skin in high rez at 2048 px square and am in the slowest of all processes of making a new skin out of it. I shall see what I can do about those schemes you have mentioned though. If you want to do a new set of low viz nation decals, it would be worth downloading the decal tutorial here at combatace. That will help you understand how nation decals are organised. Also, to make the decals themselves, if you don't fancy splashing out some money for a program, there is a very reputable painting program called 'The Gimp' that many members who skin use.