Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Museum Tomcats Siezed

The news report pretty much says it all. I hate to the guy that cleared them for release to the museums in question.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257219,00.html

I hate the guy who sold them for scrap metal. there are other museums that would love to get one after they are cleared. these birds of prey dont deserve the fate of being destroyed.

I hate the guy who sold them for scrap metal. there are other museums that would love to get one after they are cleared. these birds of prey dont deserve the fate of being destroyed.

Mark Thomson that rat bastard! Who's up for some mob justice?? :aggressive:

What the hell! These beuts dont deserve this uunhonorable fate of being scrapped when they have another good 20 years! I mean for christs sake (sorry lord) look at the AK-47 it has been around for over 60 years and will continue to be!

I just watched a history channel doc on the f-14 retirement and the need for security because Iran needs the parts and low and behold they screw up. Be afraid be very afraid for right now Iranians are scouring all air museums throughout the country looking for an F-14 to strip.

one of the main reasons for her being put out to pasture $$$$$$$$$$.The manhours per flight hour for an F-14 are astronomical compared to a Hornet/Super hornet. After all we know the military always does things in the most fiscally and logical way. besides the bomber/missile threat to the navy isn't what it was in the past.

I just watched a history channel doc on the f-14 retirement and the need for security because Iran needs the parts and low and behold they screw up. Be afraid be very afraid for right now Iranians are scouring all air museums throughout the country looking for an F-14 to strip.

Umm... they make their own parts. They've done so for years. There's a huge aerospace factory park that was originally built by Bell pre-revolution that over the years has sort of become on of the cornerstones to Iran's military industiral base, plus they recieved all sorts of knowledge and support from the Soviets (at the time) and the PRC. I mean, they can't reproduce the whole aircraft + systems. But apparantly something like 80% can be reproduced or substituted with other parts. If they couldn't, they wouldn't have been without Tommies or Phantoms for more than a decade...