Hi does anybody know of a good source of material about the F-111 in Vietnam? I am looking for the type of targets they were sent against, what weapons were used and home base etc.

Another question I have is about the quite brilliant F-111 package available for download, which is the model I should be using for WOV, the F-111A or the FB-111A?

Thanks for your help

Snapper 21

Guest Saganuay

Use the F-111A and there is also a download mission package that USAFMTL and I made for Combat Lancer.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the info, had a quick look seems just what I was after. Saganuay have downloaded and played those quite a few times, they are great missions. Being a YAP owner I wanted to see what missions, campaigns I could create for myself with all the extra bits.

Can I just say the F-111 package along with the A-26B/C and B-26K are just some of my fave addons

Cheers for the info

Snapper 21

Guest Saganuay82

Glad you are enjoying the mission package. From what we knew when we made the missions that most of the information regarding Combat Lancer is still classified. BLT came up with a target list and we just worked through those.

The missions were mostly flown in the dark hours so seeing water buffalo wouldn't matter. I think BLT said once it was one of the scariest rides he did when the flightplan turned south to run the ridges in the dark and clouds and only had the terrain radar to look at.

Edited by Saganuay82

I download a F-111 pack from here...

Hell!Its the biggest messed filwe I ever seen in my whole life!

You have to unrar,than there is another RAR with the planes,other with the hud (I guess) and another one.And you have to download the cockpit on a german site,drop on all planes,update it...

It would not be simpler you only say "unzip all on the Aircraft Folder"?

About the F-111,they are working fine.The only problem is that I can´t delete the F-111 main folder...It says its already in use.The folder that is in use if from the F-111F.

And BTW,didn´t the F-111 had MGs?

The F-111A could be fitted with a cannon pod. The rest never used them. A lot of the Combat Lancer missions are still classified. The information I could gather about them took weeks for me to get after talking to a lot of people.

The main folder problem you have, just restart your computer and it can be deleted. Mine does the same thing.

It wasn't the "A" model, it was the "D" that we experimented with a 20mm in the bay. It was found to be next to useless, and discontinued in favor of Sidewinder

rails mounted on the shoulders of the outboard swing pylons.

All non-swing, outer pylons were removed in the mid-80's.

Guest Saganuay82

Yes being able to tell those wordless stories is a wonderful thing. :)