Sign in to follow this  
AT1

Constant Blackouts while flying

Is there anyway that you can adjust the g forces while dogfighting? Every plane I have flown in WOV, I just move the stick and I blackout until I let go of the stick. Maybe I'm too used to flying the other sims, as I don't recall blacking out this much. I try to go easy on the stick movement but then I get blasted by a sam or air to air missile.

Is there anyway that you can adjust the g forces while dogfighting? Every plane I have flown in WOV, I just move the stick and I blackout until I let go of the stick. Maybe I'm too used to flying the other sims, as I don't recall blacking out this much. I try to go easy on the stick movement but then I get blasted by a sam or air to air missile.

you're probably yanking the stick too far, just a guess.

Try setting the G force reality in the game play menu for easy and then work it up to hard a mission at a time.

its actually pretty realistic. If you yank the stick back too hard while doing, say, 600kts - you're likely to leave the wings behind on many aircraft.

you're probably yanking the stick too far, just a guess.

Try setting the G force reality in the game play menu for easy and then work it up to hard a mission at a time.

its actually pretty realistic. If you yank the stick back too hard while doing, say, 600kts - you're likely to leave the wings behind on many aircraft.

Thanks I'll try that until I used to flying jets. Always been a prop guy before.

Thanks I'll try that until I used to flying jets. Always been a prop guy before.

even in a real prop you'd likely either stall the plane or rip the wings off if you yanked too hard.

good luck!

It's not always so much how FAR you pull the stick back, it's how FAST. For example, full back in half a second = blackout. Take 1.5 seconds, no blackout.

It's not always so much how FAR you pull the stick back, it's how FAST. For example, full back in half a second = blackout. Take 1.5 seconds, no blackout.

absolutely correct. In fact I will say that it is ALWAYS how fast you yank the stick, not how far.

same thing in a car. trying going down the freeway at 80 and taking the exit at the last second by "yanking" the wheel in a microsecond and count how many times your car rolls...........

I lost several friends over the years when their aircraft came apart in flight due to overstress loads.

absolutely correct. In fact I will say that it is ALWAYS how fast you yank the stick, not how far.

same thing in a car. trying going down the freeway at 80 and taking the exit at the last second by "yanking" the wheel in a microsecond and count how many times your car rolls...........

I lost several friends over the years when their aircraft came apart in flight due to overstress loads.

I would also say, at what airspeed counts for a lot. Near corner velocity, you or the wings go at max rate pull. Near min speed...mainly you'd just buffet a lot up until stall.

FastCargo

probably not your answer but you can also go outside the plane in hard turns (F-5)on keyboard. it is a Sim after all.looks cool to and if you dont respect this try landing outside the plane.Just a thought.-D-