Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

ATi Catalyst 7.3 is out

Happened on these new drivers by chance.

I am in the process of installing them right now.

I don't exactly get a whole lot of time to play games anymore, but I spent a couple of hours playing Wings Over Vietnam, Yankee Air Pirate, Aces High 2, and Armed Assault. Saw no real differences other than maybe slightly higher frame rates when using some advanced FSAA features available via the 3rd party ATi Tray Tool.

For quite some time, Catalyst Control Center hasn't been working for me (since Cat 6.xx?). The settings revert back to defaults (despite what the sliders indicate) the next time I start a game unless I change at least one setting before starting the game. So I have removed the CCC and installed ATT. It is very complex (even more so than the old Rage3D Tweak), but it does work and the new EATM gives good FSAA to tga type textures (think fences and tree leaves) at a much lower performance cost than the settings available in CCC. This is critical to Armed Assault and Aces High 2 where trees, bushes, and/or fences are common and prone to shimmering and/or looking aliased.