Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

KA-6D markings question

One for the Navy guys: Did the KA-6Ds wear the same markings as the regular Intruders in their squadron?

Yes they did allen.... Navy tankers (A-7,A-6,S-3) used blue/green anti-collision lights vice red, to tell them apart from the rest at night.

One for the Navy guys: Did the KA-6Ds wear the same markings as the regular Intruders in their squadron?

absolutely.

I've got one flight and trap in a KA-6D, it was painted exactly the same as the A-6E TRAM birds we had.

Thanks for the info guys.

So here's the thing, I'd like to mod Paul Nortress's A-6A & E skins to use them on the KA-6D. I've done one as an experiment, VA35-91, as below:

KA-6D.jpg

The only problem is that Paul seems uncontactable so I can't get permission to release these, even with giving him credit for creating the skins.

So, how do I get round this? Well, the easiest way is to tell you how to do it yourself:

1) Just copy an A-6 skin folder into your KA-6D and then change the names of the .bmp files from A-6E_1 to KA-6D_1 etc (This should also work with A-6A skins too).

2) Then go into the decals .ini and change any path references from ,say, A-6E_TRAM to KA-6D.

3) Go fly.

If anyone out there can speak for Paul and give me permission I can get to work and release the skins. I could also mod the KA-6D skins that came with the aircraft for use on the bomber A6s too.

ps. Has anyone got a good copy of SidDogg's A-6E skinpack?The one that was posted here was corrupt and I'd love to get hold of those skins.

Good news. Paul has given me permission to convert the A6 skins for the KA-6D.

Watch the skies...