Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

F-14D VF-213 "Lions Head" Artwork

File Name: F-14D VF-213 "Lions Head" Artwork

File Submitter: Flanker562

File Submitted: 1 Apr 2007

File Category: F-14

Something I've always liked and once seen, for some reason fell in love with that scheme, so here it is...

Also includes a Readme and custom textured drop tanks, instructions in the readme.

Click here to download this file

Looks great Flanker! Now she just needs a PTO/Indian Ocean campaign and a more modern Aardvarks skin to go with her.....though I don't know if VF-213 and VF-114 were deployed together after the early 90s. I know they were together when deployed on the Enterprise. I lost touch with events somewhat after Desert Storm.

Honestlyl I'm not real sure myself, as most of the reference photos are just that, reference photos. I couldn't tell you when this aircraft scheme was in service, but points to a D model, so more than likely when the squadron upgraded to the D model. I may do a post end of tour one (2005-2006 timeframe) as I got some real good pics from a RIO's site of that squadron so it would be a nice adjunct to the VF-31 CAG I'm working on now.