Ok guy's what do I use to start a WW2 B17 game SFP1 or WOE? What terrains do I need ect,ect,ect?

Ok, which theatres?? ETO? MTO? PTO?

Maps are available here for just about everywhere!

PTO inculdes, china, burma, solomons, new guinea, okinawa

MTO has tunisia and western desert and a cheesy Libya mod I did

ETO has the well, western europe and bob maps

even WW2 mods of the Range are available for to practice on

as for aircraft.....take your pic!! everything from Hurricane and Spit to various Messerschmits, FW, American, RAF, Luftwaffe bombers, Lightnings, Mustangs, Jugs, Airacboras, Wildcats, Hellcats, SBDs, TBF, Zekes, Oscars, Betty, Jill, Kate, Judy....we got it all! In some form or another

Tell us what you want, we'll tell ya where to get it!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Here's what I'd like to do.I'd like to make a B17 campaign in the eto using SFP1.

Im also interested in this. I have 2 aircraft folders in WOE, one named aircraft and one named aircraftWWII. I did this so i could just rename the folder to switch between jets and WWII aircraft. What i would like to do is fly a campaign in the Battle of Britain Terrain.

I can edit a campaign and add/change aircraft but i have no idea how to write the rest of the info for the campaign. I have been reading up on campaigns but i still feel like im in over my head and my attempts to edit a existing campaign to use this terrain just causes crashes. Im sure the answers i need are in the knowlage base, but finding them has been tricky.

Can someone either write a campaign for this terrain or point me to the posts in the KB that explain how to create a campaign from scratch?

Sorry for being such a noob and i apologize if this is considered hijacking a thread, but it was very simular to what i wanted to do so i didnt want to start a whole new thread for something that i think both of us will need to know!

Im also interested in this. I have 2 aircraft folders in WOE, one named aircraft and one named aircraftWWII. I did this so i could just rename the folder to switch between jets and WWII aircraft. What i would like to do is fly a campaign in the Battle of Britain Terrain.

I can edit a campaign and add/change aircraft but i have no idea how to write the rest of the info for the campaign. I have been reading up on campaigns but i still feel like im in over my head and my attempts to edit a existing campaign to use this terrain just causes crashes. Im sure the answers i need are in the knowlage base, but finding them has been tricky.

Can someone either write a campaign for this terrain or point me to the posts in the KB that explain how to create a campaign from scratch?

Sorry for being such a noob and i apologize if this is considered hijacking a thread, but it was very simular to what i wanted to do so i didnt want to start a whole new thread for something that i think both of us will need to know!

I don't know too much about the campaign writing. What I have done so far is copy an existing one and tweak some numbers using wordpad.

there is quite a lot in the knowledge section about different pieces.

for terrains, take a look over at Major Lee's terrains, he was some European theater WWII terrain versions.

I am working on a campaign for Gepard's excellent BoB terrain. Most of the campaign .ini editing is done (full orders of battle for RAF and Luftwaffe in the campaign_data.ini, stacks of flyable squadrons on both sides) but I am having some Frontline (I think!) issues. Take a look here for the full details of the problem:-

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4037

As you can see, TK has been extremely helpful but I don't have this issue nailed yet. Also, I am deep into an update of Burning Sands '44 which is occupying my attention right now. Plus, four books on the Desert Air Force have dropped through my letterbox (it was my birthday yesterday!) and the next stage of Burning Sands '44 will be historical campaigns for Edward's North Africa and Tunisia terrains, which will take a bit of reading up! And I only started the Burning Sands thing to get to grips with the campaign files to sort out my BoB campaign problems :crazy:

However, I was thinking of uploading a BoB Campaign Beta - there is a workaround for the airbase allocation problem, but it seems to involve bumping up the SupplyForOffensive= value to such a high figure that the Luftwaffe won't enter offensive phase. . . you still get campaign missions, but somehow that seems to defeat the purpose. But I was thinking some beta testing may help sort this out, with community help.

Any takers?

Cheers,

baltika

To answer Gumpy's original question, you could edit Burning Sands '44 to have one of the squadrons fly B-17 in campaign mode. There are few hoops to jump through, and of course, it's based on the original stock desert terrain, not ETO.

If that is of any interest, let me know and I'll set out the steps here, as it's a little bit involved.

To create a B-17 ETO campaign from scratch, a fair bit of work is involved, but it's not impossible. I suggest downloading Burning Sands '44 v1.0 (shameless plug) and taking a look at the all modded files included to see what I have altered. It is a mod of the stock Burning Sands campaign so use those files for comparison.

The main files you are working with are campaign1.ini, campaign1_data.ini and SquadronList.ini. If you have any specific questions, fire away and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Cheers,

baltika

Any takers?

Cheers,

baltika

sure. its about 3rd in line but I'd be glad to hack at it.

sure. its about 3rd in line but I'd be glad to hack at it.

Cheers Typhoid,

Any input greatly appreciated at this point. I will knock it into reasonable shape for a "Beta" release and post it here at combatace.

Thanks,

baltika