Sign in to follow this  
Czech6

AI rudder settings incorrect?

My patched FE has rudder settings like these in the aircraftobject.ini file.

[DogfightAce]

SafeAltitude=50

LookoutAngle=180

DefensiveAngle=120

ChanceDefensiveTurn=75

ChanceBreakTurn=100

ChanceHardTurn=100

ChanceTurnDirection=100

ChanceContinue=25

ChanceCheckNewTarget=50

ChanceUseVertical=100

FightWithoutAmmo=1

CannonFireAngle=5.0

MaxPitchInput=1.0

MaxCannonRange=600

OptimalCannonRange=50

MinCannonRange=15

MaxRollForGunAttack=180

CannonBurstLengthShort=0.25

CannonBurstLengthLong=0.5

MaxRudderForGunAttack = 1.0f;<<<<<

MaxRudderForManeuver = 0.5f;<<<<<

Are the "f" and the ";" mistakes? Also, what about the spaces on either side of the "=" sign? I haven't found any discussion on this subject so I'm assuming I've got bad patch. I downloaded the patch again, and re-installed and patched but got the same results. Should I just delete the spaces, f, and semi-colon?

Guest capun

Yes the "f;" are incorrect

Normally there is no space before the "=" but after that It's been used with or without a space, most often without a space

Yes the "f;" are incorrect

Normally there is no space before the "=" but after that It's been used with or without a space, most often without a space

Thanks Capun. Now if I can just figure out the helter skelter formation flying.

OK, extracted AircraftObject.ini & deleted all the f; remarks for ace,novice etc. Do I leave this file in the Objects folder? Or do i need to place it somewhere else?

OK, extracted AircraftObject.ini & deleted all the f; remarks for ace,novice etc. Do I leave this file in the Objects folder? Or do i need to place it somewhere else?

Correct it by deleting the f; and extra spaces on either side of "=" sign and save (as the aircraftobject.ini file). I still haven't seen much movement of the rudder by the AI, but I'm trying to find a fix to the formation antics and haven't watchrd the dogfights that close.

On a long enough flight fighters will form up into a nice echelon and fly that way until they reach the IP. Then they will spread out again for the fight.