Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Hawk Missile battery?

I found a solution and have uploaded the initial version to the Objects Mod Section. Thanks for the help, guys! Everything is working fine on the two computers I tested it on. Hope it works for you too! Comments and suggestions are of course welcome. Next step is add the Nike-Herc units.

For those interested, the "disappearing" units problem was solved by modifying the OBJECTLIST.INI

[ObjectGroup009]

GroupName=GroundObjectGroup

GroupSize=4096 <------This was 2048.

StaticGroup=FALSE

ObjectFlags=GROUND

Searchable=TRUE

The problem was not the number of Target Areas.

OH YEAH BABY!!! That should help on a LOT of things being done righ now...

thanks Nick!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Where can i find objectlist.ini

In the objects.cat (I had to go and extract mine, too!!!) :clapping:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I guess no one is having any problems with this mod...which is good.

Now I'm back to having the same "darn" problems with the Nike related objects disappearing on and off :crazy: HAWK stuff is still there, so what the "heck" is going on?!

I haven't had a chance to flly it much, but when I did I flew Red ... Boy!! did I get my a$$ handed to me!!!

I just missed the perfect screenie, too -- I actuallty SAW the HAWK coming right at my face!!! Didin't have time to hit the button to take the picture...

As to the Nikes...Nick, I gotta tell ya...I think it's a Communist plot!!! Spies everywhere!!! You just can't trust anyone..they're all agents of the Evil Empire!!! :rofl:

But seriously, it's really great! Congrats, bud - you pulled off a great mod, and the object tweek helps on something else, too!!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I haven't had a chance to flly it much, but when I did I flew Red ... Boy!! did I get my a$$ handed to me!!!

I just missed the perfect screenie, too -- I actuallty SAW the HAWK coming right at my face!!! Didin't have time to hit the button to take the picture...

As to the Nikes...Nick, I gotta tell ya...I think it's a Communist plot!!! Spies everywhere!!! You just can't trust anyone..they're all agents of the Evil Empire!!! :rofl:

But seriously, it's really great! Congrats, bud - you pulled off a great mod, and the object tweek helps on something else, too!!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

yep, outstanding mod. Works like a champ and when flying the Red side - WATCH OUT!!!

:clapping:

Well, I did post this up on the new downloads thread, found it odd...

Why are they shooting at me? blink.gif

I did a fresh install, and fired up NATO fighters, with the Hawk Missile add-on.

Enroute to Hof, to assist in their defense strapped into a Falcon, I get missile launch!

Head for the deck, chaff, flare, ECM, dodge, weave, close calls, but we get through and succeed.

Checked the debrief, 5 Hawks were fired at me! It looked like friendly territory still? Anything near Fulda possibly overlapping and get "captured?"

Tricky little beggars seem to illuminate through hills as well...

sssh...you're not supposed to mention that...it's the new 'deep radar'; it can see through anything (excpeting degenerate matter ie: collapesed stars, neutron stars, Slaver stasis boxes, etc)

Part of the plasma-stealth technology we got when trading with the Puppeteers during the 4th Man-Kzin War.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

As to the Nikes...Nick, I gotta tell ya...I think it's a Communist plot!!! Spies everywhere!!! You just can't trust anyone..they're all agents of the Evil Empire!!!

I think you're right, Wrench! TK has a commie on his staff. :biggrin: I may move on to other working on other aspects of air defense "improvements" if I can't shake out the problem on this soon.

Checked the debrief, 5 Hawks were fired at me! It looked like friendly territory still? Anything near Fulda possibly overlapping and get "captured?"

Spectre you may have discovered a problem I must admit I didn't think all the way through, ie what happens when the target area is captured. Generic object types (eg AAA, Sam Radar, etc) are filled with like "enemy" units. In order to make the HAWK stuff appear on a regular basis one thing I did was to make it a specific object. I guess the program just makes the HAWK enemy instead of not showing it on the map?

Tricky little beggars seem to illuminate through hills as well...

I thought the program had terrain masking programmed in? At least that is what thought I picked in reading. FWIW, I did placed the HAWK batteries on dominant terrain as we actually sought to do to in order to minimize masking, so it possibly still had line of sight (?). Probably just wishful thinking on my part...