How do I add a weapon that I created to the game? I have done all the weapon editor stuff I believe, and created a model. BTW would I put the whole file name under "3-D object name"?Sorry if this is a dumb post but its my first time making anything.

Thank you for your time-

i90807065

Yeah, so if it's "NUKE.LOD" then that goes in there. SF1/WOE/WOV automatically looks in the appropriate folder and if there, it's automatically loaded when you start the mission.

This is what I have so far

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=NUC

FullName=XLRN-001

ModelName=NUKE1.gmax

Mass=2.000000

Diameter=1.500000

Length=3.000000

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF,USN,SOVIET,ISRAEL,CHINA,W_GERMANY,JAPAN,YUGOSLAVIA

NationName=USAF

StartYear=0

EndYear=2050

Availability=10

BaseQuantity=10

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=0

RailLaunched=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

Streamlined=TRUE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

EffectClassName=NukeExplosionEffect

DragAreaMultiplier=1.000000

WarheadType=15

Explosives=250000.000000

FusingDistance=1.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=4

Accuracy=100.000000

MaxTurnRate=1000.000000

MaxLaunchG=1000.000000

LaunchReliability=100.000000

ArmingTime=0.500000

SeekerFOV=360.000000

SeekerTrackRate=100.000000

SeekerRange=10000000.000000

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

Does "FusingDistance" mean distance from aircraft or target?

What does "WeaponDataType" mean?

Where do I put the model?

These are what I meant. Also what do you think of it so far?

Thank you for your time-

i90807065

You'll have to convert the "gmax" to a LOD file with the 3rdWire expoter (mind you, I'm no expert on 3d stuff). The game only uses the "LOD" format.

If it's a weapon for USAF usage, you might want to get rid of the 'other guys' countries. Expecially them Commies!! :wink:

A 360 deg field of view??? Is this for 'over the shoulder' launches??? Might want to narrow it down some (look at some of the other missiles, Phoenix, AIR-2, etc)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

You'll have to convert the "gmax" to a LOD file with the 3rdWire expoter (mind you, I'm no expert on 3d stuff). The game only uses the "LOD" format.

If it's a weapon for USAF usage, you might want to get rid of the 'other guys' countries. Expecially them Commies!! :wink:

A 360 deg field of view??? Is this for 'over the shoulder' launches??? Might want to narrow it down some (look at some of the other missiles, Phoenix, AIR-2, etc)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

:biggrin: I did all of it on purpose. Especially the "over sholder shot" cuz it has 250,000kg of explosives(I dont think youll want to be near it when it goes BOOM)

BUT...thank you for telling me what to do.

Hey umm where would I get the extractor? OH and good news. There are F-22 and F-35 models available for purchase at turbosquid.

He means exporter, not extractor. For what it's worth, I'm doing a seperate F/A-18F project for use within Lock ON and you A) have to export it in a non-editable format, i.e. the LOD format. Second, you'd have to remap the whole thing, as if you stick with their textures, you'll have twenty bitmaps. Not good for RAM which is a killer of FPS. While SF/WOE/WOV aren't killer graphics-wise, you have to realize that some of the 2048 x 2048 textures are a bit much too. Soooo A is taken care of, and with remapping, B is, and you don't have any legal issues. And last but not least, make sure you at least give them a heads up, as Mesh Factory probably did those (such as the case with the F/A-18F, and avoid any legal battles you can lose. And as far as the two projects, they're too far into them to go back, I know I wouldn't :)