Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

On my way in to work today...

I leave my house @ 0450 today. Doing some vacation relief for some much needed OT (0600-1800). Sunday morning so i am cruising at 85 mph. next thing i see in the mirror is CHP behind me so i slow to a more respectable 75 mph. Motorcyle cop blows right by me. Whew.

Get to work to relieve the night shift guy and he is listening to the news...

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=l...&id=5255492

The driver survived.

Edited by USMC Hawker

I leave my house @ 0450 today. Doing some vacation relief for some much needed OT (0600-1800). Sunday morning so i am cruising at 85 mph. next thing i see in the mirror is CHP behind me so i slow to a more respectable 75 mph. Motorcyle cop blows right by me. Whew.

Get to work to relieve the night shift guy and he is listening to the news...

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=l...&id=5255492

The driver survived.

I'm glad no one was killed.I also hope that traffic isn't an issue for you in the near future,that sounds like it's gonna be a mess for a while.

It made for an interesting morning work wise. We have 2 petroleum pipelines in the area. Phone would not stop ringing. I drive (used to) this freeway on average twice a week to do facility inspections. Guess I will be taking alternate routes for the immediate future.

mazecollapse3.jpg mazecollapse7.jpg

That made one hell of a mess that is for sure.

That made one hell of a mess that is for sure.

that sure sounds like a terrorist scenario we have been concerned about.

I wonder........................

My Dad and I work for the same company and we were talking today about that very thing. If they never thought of it before it is all over the news now. I used to be a technician for BP Arco and we ran a marine terminal where we unloaded ships of gasoline, jet and diesel. They would bring in loads of 120000+ bbls (bbls=42 gallons of gasoline). That always seemed like a floating bomb to me. Scary. And then you think to yourself "did i just give someone an idea?"

If it was a terrorist initiated event, they could not have picked a better, (worse) spot to do it in.

I used to travel that route every couple of months while stationed up at the now non-existent, McClellan AFB.

Serious interchange there, I'd hate to have to find an alternate route through there for quite some time...