AIR RAID!

You're not using the new nuke effect?

No I am not. There is some things it messes with that I do not want affecting in my installs. Not taking away anything from his work though, but my installs are way more complicated than the average ones.

No I am not. There is some things it messes with that I do not want affecting in my installs. Not taking away anything from his work though, but my installs are way more complicated than the average ones.

Ya, I've totally changed my install Enviro, among other things, way way bizzaro.

What are some of the things it messes with that may be eased up? I always hope for feedback too improve things for others. All I get so far is applause, reminds me of the RAF Firestreak missle program with perfect test firings and nobody learned a thing, or so I read, until the tests started acting "normal."

PS:: eraser -- just thought of something the other day...most simmers fly in daytime, but my nuc's have this huge SkyGlow which is really made for strategic night ops. If you want, try disabling the SkyGlow for daytime missions, see how it looks, better or worse. I just tried it, and I am going to disable it for my day missions. To disable, easiest way is to set the StartTime greater than the EjectTime. Just set StartTime=10 should take care of it.

The SkyGlow is supposed to simulate the glow in the night sky visible to perhaps a thousand kilometers, and this requires a major change that may be one of USAFMTL's things he don't want messed with. SkyGlow is not needed in daytime, and the whole thing looks *alot* better without it during daytime. I didn't think of this before. Dopey Dope.

here...

Element[02].ElementType=HOLD_EMITTER

Element[02].ElementName=SkyGlow-KT030

Element[02].StartTime=10.0

Element[02].StartTimeDeviation=0.0

Element[02].EjectTime=0.1

Element[02].EjectTimeDeviation=0.0

Also, disabling this should let you decrease the radical FarClipDistance=5000000.0 to something more traditional.

My thing is am running is different enviro mods than anyone else that I do not want messed up.

My thing is am running is different enviro mods than anyone else that I do not want messed up.

Okay, my nucs don't change anything in the Enviro file, and in the latest updated nucs, I have taken out the optional Enviro changes as they caused confusion -- they were simply not required and I shouldn't have put them in. That's when I started doing the seperate Siberian Sun mod, which is an Enviro meatgrinder.

If I recall, the nucs require only one FlightEngine variable change -- FarClipDistance -- and it does not have to be nearly as large as I make it (see above).

Rog I will try them then.....

Rog I will try them then.....

Where did you et that F-4 skin from in your sig? Looks very cool!!! What squadron is it supposed to be from? Thank you

Holloman AFB is where the F-4 is from and it from MSFS

Care to share them with me? If it's good enough for USAFMTL, it's worthy of using. :biggrin:

Seriously, I'm interested - you might have a better looking environment than I do.

I always hope for feedback too improve things for others. All I get so far is applause

Lexx, I think the lack of "packaging" for your modifications is a major limitation for users. And while I understand why this is not always easy or possible, asking most people to start hand editing files is asking too much. Easy as it might seem to you or I. OTOH, even though I'm perfectly willing and able to edit ini files, I've had more failures than success in attempting to integrate your modifications. This is obviously my problem, but you see my point?

Your insight and work is brilliant. "Joe User" like me just need it to be more accessible.

Care to share them with me? If it's good enough for USAFMTL, it's worthy of using. :biggrin:

Seriously, I'm interested - you might have a better looking environment than I do.

No because they are sill work in progress.

No because they are sill work in progress.

As is everything in this sim... :grin:

As is everything in this sim... :grin:

True but the person who made it doesn't want it released yet.