Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

I just created the F-104S-ASA-M!

I actually answered my own question, that I posed to all and sundry, in the 'Weapons Fixes Thread'.

While looking at the other Zippers, and some other things, I noticed that I had everything necessary to make the mod already sitting in the RAF Eagle FGR.1 folder..

This is the result:

f104s-asa-m_cockpit.jpg

The only thing I haven't figgured out, is how to get rid of the range reading on the scope. (it sure ain't there on Eagle!)

All stock WoE parts, and switched to avionics70.dll. A pure interceptor -- missiles and a gun.

Now, all I need is a little more testing, a new hangar screen, and permissions to upload.....

So...who did the skin?? I want to use the LoViz Italian that came with the ASA version.

The aircraft model is stock 3rdWire F-104G, (available here, 3rdW, stock in SF & WoE) with the F104S kit in the weapons pack (along with the Aspides), and the radar/avioncs stuff transfered to the cockpit folder.

TIA!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

in the avionics.ini,

check the "RadarDisplaySearch - TWS - SST - ACM" sections for the pointed out line, then simply delete the word "RangeScaleText"

[RadarDisplaySearch]

Symbol[01]=HorizonLine

Symbol[02]=RangeScaleText <<<<----------------------------

DOH!!! I know it had to be something easy!!

thanks!! :biggrin:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

All fixed now

actually, it wasn't the text problem..it was me leaving out a lline in the avaioncsini:

RadarTextureSize=256

Brought the text size right back to normal!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Just a little bump, so that perhaps Jet-Z will see this....I'd really like to get his permission to release this to all the lovely people that would like to have it!

Otherwise, I'll just release the needed bits, and you all can go hunting for the plane and skins ..... (inis, cockpit parts, etc)

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey Wrench, thanks for all your efforts to bring us a Mega-Zipper (that sounds wrong!). This should be a great variation on a classic aircraft.