Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

J35F Draken - Cockpit confusion

After passing through my n00b stage, I started exploring trough ini's, aircraft folders and stuff and found something curious,

I have J35F Draken v1.1 from downloads area and already flew it a lot with F104 pit :biggrin: However I found J35F_Cockpit.LOD file in the cockpit folder :blink: Naively I just changed the cockpit.ini file to use this model and check it out, but ofcourse there was no textures for it :biggrin: However the 3D look of that cockpit matches the real Draken cockpit perfectly.

My question is, since I'm as green as the Martians here, are there textures for that baby somewhere or did the .LOD sliped in the release by accident and we can actually hope for a new Draken pit? :biggrin:

I don't think there is a complete Draken cockpit available, but I copied the relevant Hi-Res F-104 and Alternative_F-104 Hi-Res Cockpit bmp's over to really sharpen up the Draken cockpit. The Hi-Res 104 Cockpit files are available here at CombatAce.

I have a cockpit weird story too...

My NKAF Su-7 uses the Su-17 cockpit.I saw to download a green totally different Su-7 cockpit,I did,and I installed it.

Nothing changed.I went to the cockpit folder and noticed that both cockpit files are the same (the old and the "supposed to be green" one!).

WTF?

I haven't tried it yet, but Mirage III cockpit may be the best for J-35.

Thx for the reply guys :) Just so you can see what am I talking about:

img00001ls0.jpg

Too bad it wasn't finished, it would be great to have Draken and also Viggen cockpit, but it's nice to have them even with fake pits. Lexx, I think MirageIII would really be a great fake pit for Draken.

That most certaintly does look like an unfinished cockpit lod....too bad!!

I agree, it would be nice have a finished version. But the Mirage III should do pretty nicely as a 'stand in'.

Just don't forget the adjust the "pilotposition=" in the cockpit ini so you aren't sitting (either) inside the wings, or in front of that pointey nose!! --OUCH!!--

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Sony Tuckson

indeed, this is a forgotten file that shouldn't have been there first place

The mastering of cockpit creation was beyond our capacities at that time

This is still LVP's work, and will be found later in a new Draken model

This is still LVP's work, and will be found later in a new Draken model

Great news, thx :biggrin: