Sign in to follow this  
Laton

AI Tweaking

Among other things :biggrin: I've been messing about with the AI setting trying to get:

a.) more effective/dangerous AI

and

b.) more distinct differences between the levels.

This is what I've come up with:

Link

Its a new AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI file, unzip it into your \Objects folder - please check first and backup your copy if you already have one in that folder.

Just delete the file to go back to the game settings.

Work-in-progress so I'll be interested to know what you think.

I have to say that at the higher AI levels they engage at much shorter range so an initial head-on pass can be a lot more interesting as the AI don't 'flinch' as much :)

ai1.jpg

Which planes did you modify? Any chance it was the Dolphin, Bristol F2B, Br14 and/or D8? Any chance you will publish your technique? Thanks.

No mods to any aircraft, this is just general AI behaviour.

So this should work with any thirdwire game? You did say it was just a behavior mod.

I honestly don't know. I think there are some AI settings introduced in the last patch that are FE specific.

You could give it a try but its an 'at your own risk' thing. :blink:

Hmm.. I remember, bortdafarm was doing something like that prior to the first patch..

Hmm.. I remember, bortdafarm was doing something like that prior to the first patch..

He was. I'm pretty sure there have been new AI settings added since then.

Thanks for the feedback those that have PM'd me.

Version2

Getting some nice, long lasting, 'swirling' dogfights with this. The AI seem to manoeuver against each other a lot more.

I've taken a few things back to their default values, a dramatically changed a few others. If you compare the AI settings

you'll see what I've been playing with

BTW, anyone who want to take this as a start and have a go at playing with these settings is more than welcome to,

I'm about to get back onto the E.I/E.II variants (probably 4 of those) and the E.IV so this will go on the back-burner

for me for a while

Edited by Laton

Laton,

Not sure what's up, but I'm not seeing anything with the 2 links you provided to access the AI mod... is it down presently?

Ooops, for some reason the download wasn't showing up on the desktop till I exited the browser-- No problem so far :blush2:

Edited by B Bandy RFC