Sign in to follow this  
Stretch32

HELP: WoV Install Problem

I purchased WoV from Third Wire's web site tonight (5/28) and loaded it all up. It works great. I then DL'd the 2 Service Packs from their site and now the game will not load. I have checked to make sure directories are correct and even DL'd the patches from 2 different sites just in case I got a corrupt version but no luck. I had a thought though: Is Third Wire selling the latest version of the game with patches already installed? Its all I can think of. The moment SP 5.??.06 (the big patch) is installed the game no longer loads up. I get an error message that says it need to close. Suggestions perhaps? Thanks in advance.

Stretch

Did you update DirectX? Also, there should be a version number for the game in the lower, right-hand corner of the main screen. If it's the same as, or later than, the date of the latest patch or service pack release, you don't need to update the game.

Edited by Tristan

At what point does it crash? Is it before the main menu or after?

Cool, thanks for all the help. Thats why it crashed then, trying to add patches after its already patched. I wouldn't even load up actually. So I figured something was wrong. Thanks again.

Stretch