I'm very new to the forum and the SF/WoV arena overall so I'm not too sure about alot of things yet. I was curious if anybody had a take-off/landing mission like the default ones in WoV for practice. I wanted to mod it to make it an F8E Crusader launching from the Essex Class Carrier (CV-14?) instead of the USS Independence. Any body have one like this or know where to find one or can somebody put one together easily and post it? Thanks for any ideas/help.

Stretch

It's easy to edit the .msn file into what you want.

It's in the "Missions" folder, called Carrier_Takeoff.msn, or something close. Open it in a simple editor like NotePad.

There will be two lines with F-4J, and you'll need to change these to F-8E. What you put here is the name of the aircraft's folder.

There will be one line that has CV-68, that you'll need to change to the folder name of Essex class carrier, SCB-???.

Save the file under another name, and make sure it's not saved as F-8E_takeoff.msn.txt, or the game won't see it.

If you have issues, I can post the edits tonight, when I get home.

SCB-125

You can even add the carrier's name on one of the lines, too.l

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, I figured it out. Wow! That was really easy. thanks again for the help guys.

Stretch

Ok, I figured it out. Wow! That was really easy. thanks again for the help guys.

Stretch

If you get the itch to make larger changes to a custom mission, here's a good mission editor and a tutorial. Simple changes like what you did can be done just as fast with a text editor, but if you want to do more, I recommend these.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2678

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2679

One question.....had anybody created a WoE mission flying off carriers and returning to them?

One question.....had anybody created a WoE mission flying off carriers and returning to them?

I am sorry for my english :blush:

So, if I am do not understanded your question right, I am sorry.

I have read this topic: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=carrier+lnding

and I hope, it can help. Bluzman written there: "Here are two missions I do this with copy and paste mission to text editor change airplane to your choice save as **************.msn load as single mission fly." But it is for WoV.

So try read that topic, than you can see :hi:

Or there is pack Tomcats over Libya in the download section: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1264

But I know nothing about mission created exactly for WOE :mellow:

Edited by kukulino

I am sorry for my english :blush:

So, if I am do not understanded your question right, I am sorry.

I have read this topic: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=carrier+lnding

and I hope, it can help. Bluzman written there: "Here are two missions I do this with copy and paste mission to text editor change airplane to your choice save as **************.msn load as single mission fly." But it is for WoV.

So try read that topic, than you can see :hi:

Or there is pack Tomcats over Libya in the download section: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1264

But I know nothing about mission created exactly for WOE :mellow:

Thanks kukulino, your Englihs is fine! I do believe "tomcats Over Lybia" isnt without Carriers but i would check it later and come back to you! :wink:

Guest Saganuay82

Tomcats Over Libya would be probably designed for SFP1 and the Libya terrain.

Now you can to install the Libya terrain and everything associated with that mission set and run it in WOE. It should work even though it was made for SFP1 because it is just a different wrapper, same engine. Just make sure you point the Cat file to GermanyCE vice desert.cat. I think all of the tiles are included in the terrain so you wouldn't need any from the SFP1 desert.cat.

USAFMTL made Libya from what I remember so he could say more on that.

:dntknw:

I, too, have a question on what would be involved in mission creation/modification for WoV, specifically.

I don't know how many others are willing to fling a D-model Thud around in air-to-air mode, but seeing as how a goodly number of NVA fighters were downed by 105s in the early years, I would love to try my hand at it. So far the only default mission modes involve mud moving, recon, and CAS. And if memory serves, the bulk of those were gun kills.

Anyone here know if such a mission exists, or where to start in creating one?

THX

Guest Saganuay82

I made some Thud missions awhile back before the YAP craze started. Try this one out. It uses Gepards DRV terrain, ADs Thud F105D31. The mission is air started and you are a flight of 8 Thuds vs 2 seperate flights of MiG17s totalling 6. I have a mission for Vihn Bridge, Thai Nguynen Steel plant, Vietcong camp and a basic CSAR support.

[MissionHeader]
AircraftType=F-105D-31
MissionMap=DRV
MissionType=STRIKE
StartDate=06/18/1968
StartTime=09:00

[Weather]
WeatherType=SCATTERED
WeatherAlt=4000.0
WeatherThickness=500.0
HasHighLayer=FALSE
HighLayerAlt=8000
FogAmount=0.6
ContrailAlt=8000
StartWindDirection=
StartWindSpeed=2
WindGustingAmount=3

[MissionData]
FriendlyAirActivity=1
EnemyAirActivity=1
FriendlyAirDefenseActivity=1
EnemyAirDefenseActivity=1
PlayerMissionID=1
PlayerPositionID=1
MissionNumber=1
AdjustStartPosition=FALSE
AdjustBaseWaypoint=FALSE

[AircraftMission001]
AircraftType=F-105D-31
Name=Showtime
FormationType=USFighter
Texture=333
Squadron=-1
AircraftNumber=-1
Size=8
RandomChance=100
Ammo=100
Fuel=100
MissionType=STRIKE
CarrierBased=FALSE
ObjectiveID=0
RatingForSuccess=50
StartOnGround=FALSE
Position=195138,497181,2500
StartTime=0
Heading=140
Speed=128.61
Alignment=FRIENDLY
AmmoPercent=100
FuelPercent=100
Loadout=Strike
TracerMixRatio=50
PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT
TargetArea=
Nation=USAF
Waypoint[01].Position=228472,460653,2500
Waypoint[01].Speed=128.61
Waypoint[01].Size=200
Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT
Waypoint[01].Objective=FALSE

[AircraftMission002]
AircraftType=MiG-17F
Name=Tuna
FormationType=SovietFighter
Texture=Green3020
Squadron=-1
AircraftNumber=-1
Size=4
RandomChance=100
Ammo=100
Fuel=100
MissionType=CAP
ObjectiveID=1
RatingForSuccess=100
StartOnGround=FALSE
CarrierBased=FALSE
Position=230555,459301,2500
StartTime=0
Heading=330
Speed=200.00
Alignment=ENEMY
AmmoPercent=100
FuelPercent=100
Loadout=AirToAirLongRange
TracerMixRatio=50
TargetArea=
Nation=NVietnam
Waypoint[01].Position=188888,502593,2500
Waypoint[01].Speed=128.61
Waypoint[01].Size=200
Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT
Waypoint[01].Objective=FALSE

[AircraftMission003]
AircraftType=MiG-17F
Name=Trout
FormationType=SovietFighter
Texture=
Squadron=-1
AircraftNumber=-1
Size=2
RandomChance=100
Ammo=100
Fuel=100
MissionType=CAP
ObjectiveID=0
RatingForSuccess=50
StartOnGround=FALSE
CarrierBased=FALSE
Position=0,0,0
StartTime=0
Heading=180
Speed=200
Alignment=ENEMY
AmmoPercent=100
FuelPercent=100
Loadout=
TracerMixRatio=50
TargetArea=
Nation=NVietnam

You download Kreelins Mission Editor and use Streakeagles ME tutorial and away ya go. You can also go to CA and in the downloads find user made missions there. Just have to make sure they are for the Thud.

thanks for that... turns out I already had KMD so I took the easy way and selected F-105D-31 as an instant action mount and got to 'Vulcanize' a Fresco-C.

post-dogfight, it's kind of analogous to WWII dogfighting with a BF-110- nice firepower, better power on demand, but kind of a barn door to swing around in the sky.

Guest Saganuay82

I made a 20MM Vulcan for my Thud and dropped the kill power of the weapon down to a 50 cal. More breaking it up and sending it down in pieces.

I made a 20MM Vulcan for my Thud and dropped the kill power of the weapon down to a 50 cal. More breaking it up and sending it down in pieces.

a little like attacking with 7.62mm mini, I would imagine...

Guest Saganuay82

Yep, lol but it worked but at 50 Cal vice 7.62. Read too many stories of MiGs ripping pieces off and smoking on their way down.

burnerdown.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

Payaso,

Did you try the mission out?