Sign in to follow this  
kukulino

IL-28 cocpit and bombsight

Hi modders, DATA.inis gurus and gurus of everything in Sfp1/WOE/WOV :biggrin:

I know, there is no IL-28 cocpit make special for Ilyushin, and there is no original bobmbsight too.

I tried fly "28" in Johan217 Suez crysis, and it works good.

I have A-4 mig repaint cocpit installed in my Ilyushin ( http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1017 ), with very nice USN Mk8 Gunsight ( http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3056 ). Everything looks and works good. But I haven't got bomb sight, of course.

There is the way to get bombsight: very good A-26C Cockpit with Bombsight by Kesselbrut ( http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4078 )

I tried it, and it works good. So, there is a copilot seat in A-26 cocpit, and canopy is different from IL-28. Ilyushin hasn't got copilot seat, and canopy view is closer to A-4B than A-26.

So, is it possible combine A-4B pit with bombsight from different cocpit? (I tried it, but it doesn't work. I hit "H" key to show up bomb sight, but there was Arrestin hook deployed message show on display :crazy: )

If it is not possible, it is not problem to use A-26 pit, of course. :hi:

Edited by kukulino

It should be possible to use any bombsight with any cockpit. What you may need is use bombsight with No Cockpit view.

Yes, A-4 cockpit is a good call for IL-28. If you have WoV, the F-8 cockpit may be pretty nice too. Even better may be Su-15 cockpit (two engines, sliding canopy, etc...).

You might take a look at Razbam's F-2H2 or F-2H4 Banshee cockpits, which might make an especially nice IL-28 OR MiG-19 cockpit!

The F-2H2 does not have a radar screen, and the F-2H4 includes a radar screen. The cockpits are BEAUTIFUL, and should work great for early twin engined jets. They should work even better than the F-4 repaints for Red Air twin engine jets, if you can live with the English lettering on the dash.

You might take a look at Razbam's F-2H2 or F-2H4 Banshee cockpits, which might make an especially nice IL-28 OR MiG-19 cockpit!

The F-2H2 does not have a radar screen, and the F-2H4 includes a radar screen. The cockpits are BEAUTIFUL, and should work great for early twin engined jets. They should work even better than the F-4 repaints for Red Air twin engine jets, if you can live with the English lettering on the dash.

THANX NeverEnough :biggrin: It is very good idea about that Mig-19 pit. So, I will try download it. It is payware, I think. I hope I can do that. I must wait to Razbams repair :smile:

It should be possible to use any bombsight with any cockpit. What you may need is use bombsight with No Cockpit view.

Yes, A-4 cockpit is a good call for IL-28. If you have WoV, the F-8 cockpit may be pretty nice too. Even better may be Su-15 cockpit (two engines, sliding canopy, etc...).

THANX Lexx_Luthor :victory:

I downloaded Su-15 pit. I will install it next time. It looks very nice on screenshots :crazy:

Bombsight:

What I need to get working bomsight with another pit?

1. Do I need permission from their modders to combine different bombsightsight and pit? (I do not want upload it. If I want to upload it here, I need permission, of course)

2. I need to separate bombsight files. But there is cocpit folder only. No bombsight folder only.

3. I need to know, which lines and values in A-26_cockpit.ini and A-26_DATA.ini are needed to conversion

4. I need modify IL-28_DATA.ini and IL-28_cockpit.ini

Does exist some tutorial about cocpit files?

Well, I need help, pilots :blush2: :dntknw:

Guest capun

For your personal use you don't need permission but to release the mod is a different story. For our files you need to ask for permission to include them in your package.

If I remember correct, the A-26C bombsight is an "Instrument or gauge" and it is tied to the cockpit model file and you cannot just cut and paste it into another pit.

I don't know if there is an specific tutorial on cockpit modifications but I suggest to look at the knowledge database and search in the forums for references to cockpits modifications

needless to say, but worth saying:

You cannot in ANY WAY, distribute cockpits from ANY RAZBAM product.

If you want it, you purchase it.

And yes, i think the F2H-2 cockpit suits best the IL.28

Best regards

Prowler

Just out of interest, and please don't take this the wrong way, but what if someone was to release a modified RAZBAM product for free?

Are you covered by copyright protection, intellectual property, etc? Seeing as you're using a game's engine, then surely it becomes the property of Third Wire, who created the engine in the first place. Modding and editing their game is just a little extra that they decided to give the community, however, whatever is modded still remains their property. Have I got it right?

I ask because I've witnessed quite a few arguments and conflicts erupt due to people modding someone else's addons then re releasing them, with or without their permission (bearing in mind that it is a question of morals and decency here, not the law) for other sims...

Just out of interest, and please don't take this the wrong way, but what if someone was to release a modified RAZBAM product for free?

Are you covered by copyright protection, intellectual property, etc? Seeing as you're using a game's engine, then surely it becomes the property of Third Wire, who created the engine in the first place. Modding and editing their game is just a little extra that they decided to give the community, however, whatever is modded still remains their property. Have I got it right?

I ask because I've witnessed quite a few arguments and conflicts erupt due to people modding someone else's addons then re releasing them, with or without their permission (bearing in mind that it is a question of morals and decency here, not the law) for other sims...

Have you any idea what your going on about here?

Razbam produce a complete model from scratch its not just some simple cut and past from bits of thirdwires intelectual property. Hours of work involving many people go into each release. So moraly yes they do own the work they have done.

As too your game engine point , if i follow your logic into a real world situation, that means if i invest money into building an aerolplane, should i have to give you a free lift in it whenever you want because i fly it in the air?

My suggestion to use the Razbam Banshee cockpit for the Il-28 or MiG-19 was made with the express intent that you first BUY the Razbam Banshee Package for a whopping $15! Their models are obviously developed from a clean sheet of paper, and take the overall level of finish to whole new plane (no pun intended!)

These guys have invested tons of effort in the model, and it really shows. Do yourself a favor, and take a look at them.

I am in no way affiliated with Razbam and I'm not much of a fan of payware, but their plane models will take your breath away. After some initial complications with hooking up with the new model, Prowler really stepped up to the plate to take care of business. Kinda refreshing...

*Hands out copious amounts of chill pills*

Slowly count to ten, breathe deep.... There. Better?

Jeez, calm down yeah? It was a question, so quite OBVIOUSLY I "have no idea what I'm going on about here", think before posting next time, do humanity a favour.

Whether an addon maker or modder spends hours, days or months working on his project, it still wouldn't exist were it not for the game they're developing it for. TW provide the engine, the community provides the extra content. So in effect, they wouldn't have a product to sell if it weren't for TW's game, therefore bringing me back to my original query on property rights. Do RAZBAM have TW's permission to use their product as a sales tool?

I've come from the Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault community, and trust me, I've witnessed a hell of a lot of projects go down the drain or lose the public's interest because of 'property issues'.

Yes, that is a list of websites pertaining to their series of sims, including fansites, skin sites, virtual squadrons, etc.

It is not a list of 'partners' or 'official expansions'

Back to my question :)

Aha! A logic game. These are always fun at first.

Sash::

that is a list of websites pertaining to their series of sims, including fansites, skin sites, virtual squadrons, etc.

We "forgot" a ThirdWire link classification that answers your "question."

Sash::

It is not a list of 'partners' or 'official expansions'

Indeed Captain. Razbam would not appear on such a list. Razbam appears.

For your personal use you don't need permission but to release the mod is a different story. For our files you need to ask for permission to include them in your package.

If I remember correct, the A-26C bombsight is an "Instrument or gauge" and it is tied to the cockpit model file and you cannot just cut and paste it into another pit.

I don't know if there is an specific tutorial on cockpit modifications but I suggest to look at the knowledge database and search in the forums for references to cockpits modifications

THANX capun :rolleyes:

Su-15 pit works good. It needed a little edit in AimAngles values, but it works right now.

It is clear for me: A-26C bombsight is an "Instrument or gauge" and it is tied to the cockpit model file and I cannot just cut and paste it into another pit. :sorry:

We haven't got "free" bobsight without cocpit model file, I think :dntknw:

Conclusion: I can use many cocpits without bombsights, like A-4, Su-15, F2H-2 (I need purchase it), etc, or I can use A-26 cocpit with bombsight. I am not modder, so I can't model IL-28 cocpit at this time. Easy DATA.ini changes, and copying bomsight files are impossible way. If I have bombsight which is not tied to the cocpit lod file, than I can do that (copying, etc.)

Well, have you got any ideas Lexx_Luthor? You work on L-39 cocpit changes, I know (not L-39 only).

Or I can hope that some day kesselbrut will get into soviet pits, like Murphy'S wrote :rolleyes:

Edited by kukulino

Kesselbrut made an AwSim Yak-3 pit.

For level bombing, I use very simple method. I use the Mirage Factorie's Setka gun pipper, greatly enlarged and greatly depressed in angle. For heavy bombers, I use "AG" or air-ground only. When the mission starts, the giant Setka pipper is in front of you, but after selecting AG mode, the pipper moves far down behind the instrument panel -- and stays there for the mission -- it can't be raised again (only AG mode available). To use the pipper for level bombing, I use No Cockpit view (turn off the cockpit).

Example...

[CockpitData]

Directory=Cockpit

HUDMode=AG

RippleQuantity=1,6,12,18

RippleInterval=300,500

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=500

GunsightName=Setka.tga

MaxDepression=900

DefaultDepression=900

To use the Setka, I turn off the cockpit, and only the Setka and terrain below remains. Its simple, but it works.

Kesselbrut made an AwSim Yak-3 pit.

For level bombing, I use very simple method. I use the Mirage Factorie's Setka gun pipper, greatly enlarged and greatly depressed in angle. For heavy bombers, I use "AG" or air-ground only. When the mission starts, the giant Setka pipper is in front of you, but after selecting AG mode, the pipper moves far down behind the instrument panel -- and stays there for the mission -- it can't be raised again (only AG mode available). To use the pipper for level bombing, I use No Cockpit view (turn off the cockpit).

Example...

[CockpitData]

Directory=Cockpit

HUDMode=AG

RippleQuantity=1,6,12,18

RippleInterval=300,500

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=500

GunsightName=Setka.tga

MaxDepression=900

DefaultDepression=900

To use the Setka, I turn off the cockpit, and only the Setka and terrain below remains. Its simple, but it works.

WOW, it is interesting :blink:

It looks simple to edit.

Wow, easy way to hit target :yes:

I will try it. I am not home, so I can not do it now.

Hmmm, easy and realy interesting :victory:

THANX Lexx_Luthor. THANX egain :clapping:

hehe thanks. You may want to make pipper even BIGGER (GunsightMilSize= ).

Experiment with depression angle for the airspeeds you fly bombing missions.

So far I only did testing with B-29 at high altitude. It works, but I might make the Setka bigger (or whatever you use).