Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeHawk

Which product to buy...?

Hello all,

I am trying to decide which Thirdwire product to buy. I am primarily interested in the many ww2 addons available here. I found a good tuorial explaining how to add ww2 scenery to WoE. And I'm sure adding the aircraft is fairly straightforward.

But "First Eagles" looks very compelling. I wonder if I can apply the ww2 addons to FirstEagles instead of WoE?? I'd much rather purchase only one of the products. Like many folks, I want my cake and eat it too, hehehe.

Also, I'd be interested in purchasing directly from Thirdwire and then just dowloading the install from their site. Sometimes this kind of install is problematic. Has anyone had trouble installing from the download instead of from the disc? If so, was there a successful way to handle it?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice

ShrikeHawk

I bought FE through the online store at Thirdwire, and the download was quick and painless! Be absolutely sure you backup the down load to a CD or DVD, or you may find yourself SOL if you have a harddrive hiccup! I copied the download to two separate harddrives (Not just different partitions on the same harddrive!) as a backup, AND burned the download to CD.

Right now, WWII installs to FE have some additional complications over WWII installs on WOE or SFP1. You can get a copy of Strike Fighters Project 1 from Circuit City (if you're in the U.S.) for $4.99, and I believe Circuit City has it online for the same price. That would be the most economically efficient (cheapest!) way to have your cake and eat it too!

FE probably has a better tweaked game engine for props at the moment than the others but eventually the others will get the same via patches.