Sign in to follow this  
vulkan

How to add a object to terrain

:dntknw::sorry: How to add radardome examlpe to Kosovo terrain (near to Lake Balaton )(and/or to a big airport)

I don't have the Kosovo terrain, but the method is similar for all terrain maps. First, you have to add it to the _TYPES.INI file found in the the terrain folder. Then you can place it on the map by modifying the _TARGETS.INI file. If you open these files and examine them, and follow the pattern for other objects, you should not have a problem.

What is a bit more tiresome is getting the map coordinates so you can place the object correctly. Kreelin's mission builder is a good tool to use, but you will probably have to "fly" in game to confirm the specific coordinate location. Do this by creating a mission using KMD with just one plane and place it in the air in the vicinity of where you want to work. Edit the HUDDATA.INI in the Flight Folder to read:

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=TRUE

In sim, customize the keyboard control HUD Information toggle so that it works. I use ALT-D.

Start the mission and pause it. CNTRL F12 to get out of the plane. Point the view toward the ground and you will get a lot of information, including the coordinates of the location you are looking at. Use these to edit the _TARGETS.INI file.

Always exit the game and restart to refly the "mission" to confirm the location.

In _TARGET.INI you can either add the object to an existing TargetArea and offset from it or create a new Target Area if none is near.

This sounds more difficult than it is, although it is time-consuming. I figured it out looking at other terrain map files, so I am sure you can too! :yes:

...And if you act now, you can download either of the 2 shipwrecks, located in the SF/WoV/WoE Objects section RIGHT HERE at CombatAce.

Located within the zip file for your reading pleasure, is an illustrated Word doc, that explains the procedure of adding objects to any map!!!

What are you waiting for!!! Operaters are standing by!!! :wink: Get YOURS today!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

How does one add trees, I hope I don't have to type in co-ordinates for every single tree I wish to add :blink:

How does one add trees, I hope I don't have to type in co-ordinates for every single tree I wish to add :blink:

Yes, you do.

:crazy::haha::rofl:

No, really just kidding. I think the trees are added via the terrain editor, kinda like their part of the tiles or somthing??? Hopefully, a terrain tilemaster guru will step in and give us the correct answer.

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, you do.

:crazy::haha::rofl:

Well that would really be :blink::biggrin:

No, really just kidding. I think the trees are added via the terrain editor, kinda like their part of the tiles or somthing??? Hopefully, a terrain tilemaster guru will step in and give us the correct answer.

Wrench

kevin stein

I hope so too, I messed around terrain editor a bit, but wasn't sure. I've also searched a lot on the forums and sites, found some great links but most of them refer to SimHQ and as they had a forum upgrade those threads are nearly impossible to hunt down now :dntknw: