Sign in to follow this  
Guest LAKOTA

New To FE

Guest LAKOTA

~S~ Every One!

Before I begain I like to say Salamat (Thank You) to Bruno and Tailspin for thier help on the d3dx9_30.dll. Now I have it instal the game works and so does my WOV.

I am not new to Air Combat fight Sims, I been around since PC started and to list all the sims I could be here all nite. I have 2 other Third Wire products SFP1 and WOV which I like very much, however was very disappointed because the games are not very friendly user, seems you have to be a pc programer to install dl like terrains and skins, as i see in this new game FE. Also I was very disappointed that WOV didnt take off very good as a flight sim such as Il2. I only hope FE does much better. Also I wished Third Wire will give better support to FE then what they did to Sfp1 and WOV. It is like MSN did with CFS3 they had a gold mine if they would have worked with the community and was willing to spend some time and money on thier product. I got the feeling from the last time I spent money on WOV that third Wire Production wasnt interested in the community feelings and wasnt willing to spend time or money on thier product. Dont get me wrong I am not here to bash Third Wire Company, just expressing my thoughts. I like the games, just wished it was more user friendly. :sorry:

1.Why is it so hard and confusing to install dl skins and planes and terrians and campaigns? :sorry:

2. Is there a way to change the off line (in game campigans) besides the one install in the game. i like to be able to start from 1914.

3.Where is the start exe file that i have to change to flightsim.exe in order to play in HL (Hyberlobby).

4. Is the terrains and campiagns only for mutliplayers?

5. If not where in ther world do you find the dl and select them?

6. Will there be squadrons forming for FE and what is the state of WOV does any only still play it?

7. I have Tracker IR and when I am flying I notice when I look over my left shoulder I can see through the back seat and see the ground. Like there only half plane behind ther seat. Also when I look over my right shoulder I dont see any part of the seat behind me or the sky up over my right shoulder, also I get a lot of flicking in the game. Is there a way to fix these graphics glitches?

8. What would be the best setting for my montior, I have a ViewSonic 22" HD wide flat screen montior, right now i have it set at 1280x768x32/ wide screen (16:9) the graphics setting high.

I guess that should do it for now. Sorry if i seem blut about things it is just if i am going to spend money on a flight sim, I want to know where the company stands as to if it will work with the community. Salamat for letting me express my views and thoughts. I know the time difference between me and the community is about 12 hours or more, I live in Surigao Philippines. But if any one has the time to help me and has the patinces let me know and we can work on a time frame.

Salamat (Thank You)

Lakota

Hi Lakota. First let me welcome you again to CombatACE.

I must say I am a little confused by your comments. Thirdwire has been very supportive of the series. I'm relatively new to them (only a little over a year) and I've seen several patches and upgrades and the introduction of WOE and FE. FE alone has had two patches in the six months since its release where some changes were directly related to consumer feedback. If you look at the genre you won't find too many developers as active and involved as TK and Thirdwire. I'll try and answer some of your other concerns. Hopefully others will help out too.

1. I think there is a little bit of an "intimidation" factor for people who are not familiar with the file structure of the sims. IMHO, once you get acquainted with that file structure its not that difficult. Getting most addons to work are really just a simple matter of Copy and Paste to the correct folders and most addons contain Readme files with instructions on how to install them. What you should do is unzip the addons into a Temporary Folder so you can see whats in them and where they go. I actually prefer this method to Auto-installers as sometimes Auto-installers sometimes overwrite things you don't want changed. Its been my understanding that this series has been very much "hands-on" since the beginning and if you are going to get the maximum enjoyment out of all the user made additions your're going to have to get used to doing some of the work yourself. :yes:

2. If you are looking for a ready made comprehensive campaign for FE, I suggest you visit the Downloads section here and look for Firecage's Planefests. There is one for both Verdun and Flanders Terrains. Alternatively, you can do some research and make your own...see the SF/WOV/WOE/FE Knowledge Base here at CombatACE.

3. Don't do online....

4. AFAIK both online and offline players use the same terrain.

6. If you're looking for a squadron to join or someone to fly with this forum is a good place to start.

7. Don't have Track IR but have seen many posts regarding it. Try using the search function here and the forums at Thirdwire.

http://www.thirdwire.com/

8. don't know.....

Guest LAKOTA

Salamat (Thanks You Tailspin). About some of the coments I made was more towards when SFP1 and WOV came out. At frist there sem to be a air of oh boy but later I seen that Third Wire wasnt doing much to up grade WOV for muti-players, like i said i not here to bash Third Wire or try to compare them with Il2, I just hope WOV and the other Third Wire games will do better then before. I love these games along with my Il2, it gives me more variety to fly! As I said b4 I am a hard core air combat flight simer. Yes I have to agree with you on the part that it is more of intimdation in putting dl in the right place. When WOV came out i got that extractor which helped but since then my old hd gave out and now I dont have it. If you can kindly point me where to get it. About the campaigns I guess I meant off line campaigns, is there way to change that so I can start from 1915 instead of the game campaign it has now. Plz let me know. :good:

Again Salamat Tailspin

Lakota

Also I wished Third Wire will give better support to FE then what they did to Sfp1 and WOV. It is like MSN did with CFS3 they had a gold mine if they would have worked with the community and was willing to spend some time and money on thier product. I got the feeling from the last time I spent money on WOV that third Wire Production wasnt interested in the community feelings and wasnt willing to spend time or money on thier product.

1st off you have to understand that Third Wire basically is one full time employee, TK with others such as artists/modellers temporarily sub-contracted where need be.

As has been already said TK is very community minded - look at what he has done in terms of opening the game structure etc. up. Now compare that with Il-2, LOMAC etc.

Plus he still brings his oldest games (SF P1 etc.) right up to date whenever he develops the game engine further - how many other developers do that?

5. If not where in ther world do you find the dl and select them?

here at CA in the downloads section is a good start.

6. Will there be squadrons forming for FE and what is the state of WOV does any only still play it?

TK doesn't have MP as very high on his list of priorities, in a sense you're probably lucky that it's got what it has as I suspect that the other option wasn't to include any at all.

As such many dedicated MPers find the options a bit simple.

8. What would be the best setting for my montior, I have a ViewSonic 22" HD wide flat screen montior, right now i have it set at 1280x768x32/ wide screen (16:9) the graphics setting high.

what gfx card & CPU do you have?

Most LCDs perform best at their native resolution (for yours probably ~1680x1050) if your system can handle it.

Salamat (Thanks You Tailspin). About some of the coments I made was more towards when SFP1 and WOV came out. At frist there sem to be a air of oh boy but later I seen that Third Wire wasnt doing much to up grade WOV for muti-players, like i said i not here to bash Third Wire or try to compare them with Il2, I just hope WOV and the other Third Wire games will do better then before. I love these games along with my Il2, it gives me more variety to fly! As I said b4 I am a hard core air combat flight simer. Yes I have to agree with you on the part that it is more of intimdation in putting dl in the right place. When WOV came out i got that extractor which helped but since then my old hd gave out and now I dont have it. If you can kindly point me where to get it. About the campaigns I guess I meant off line campaigns, is there way to change that so I can start from 1915 instead of the game campaign it has now. Plz let me know. :good:

Again Salamat Tailspin

Lakota

Like Buff says, Online play isn't really a priority with TK so if you are looking for something "big" in multiplayer support I don't think it will happen anytime soon. The SFP1e extractor is here in the downloads section under Utilities/Editors. As I said before the only campaign beginning in 1914 is Firecage's PlaneFest. Charles of the ATeam has just release a Bloody April 1917 campaign that I have been flying this afternoon that is very good. There are a couple of others available, too. They're all in the downloads section.

Salamat;

In response to Question 3, just make a copy of the WW1.exe file and rename it Flightsim.exe and then point HyperLobby to the new file. Too bad you are in PI, time zones preclude us from every meeting online. The support of MMP is limited, but this is still an improvement over RB3D and worth the effort to get it configured properly.

Salamat;

In response to Question 3, just make a copy of the WW1.exe file and rename it Flightsim.exe and then point HyperLobby to the new file. Too bad you are in PI, time zones preclude us from every meeting online. The support of MMP is limited, but this is still an improvement over RB3D and worth the effort to get it configured properly.

Hyperlobby works fine-sometimes i go on Lobby but never see anywone playing FE

My nickname is SPA124BRUNO, the same i have with my french squadron in Redbaron

Salute!

Edited by *BRUNO*

This is a problem for which I have no solution. FE does not seem to attract the online player. Make sure you have Teamspeak and use the SimHQ server, just in case we ever close the timezone gap. IP is 64.72.121.17:8767 with pw of SiimHQ-talk. Try it and we may run into each other over the weekend.

Hyperlobby works fine-sometimes i go on Lobby but never see anywone playing FE

My nickname is SPA124BRUNO, the same i have with my french squadron in Redbaron

Salute!