First, I'd like to apologise for posting a NON-SFP1 related question here but I honestly couldn't figure out where best to post such a question. i've recently, yesterday purchased a 20 inch LCD with 8MS refresh rate, i'm using DVI but and the montior's set at the resolution recommended 1400x1050 and the resolution for SFP1 has been set at 1400x1050 as well. The problem is when playing the game during intense combat and arty explosions going around I do notice that the image kind of well...page's ? Or is it that I can notice that the screen refreshes ...... would that be the right way of describing it ? My refresh rate is 8ms, I'm contemplating exchanging what refresh rate would you guy's that have LCD's recommend. Please let me know I would really appreciate the input. As opposed to the one I got from the Crap Buy guy's :fuk:

You're not describing 'tearing' are you? Where your game refreshes faster than your monitor can, so you see the screen refresh... Also, Combatace do have a hardware forum section, but I'm not sure this is a hardware problem.

FastCargo

8ms is slow for gaming. I recently bought a 22" LG LCD with 2ms. But it didn't come with a DVI cable. So for the time being I'm using the LCD's Analog mode until I get a cheap vid card with DVI support for my internet system. (I have 2 computers, one for gaming, one for net use). Anyway, I get slight ghosting but no tearing with mine.

Falcon

Thanks Falcon and Fastcargo, yes it was tearing that I was refering to, anyway's I switched/exchanged the horrid LCD with 8ms for a 19 inch LCD with DVI and 2ms response time yesterday, and the difference is WOW ! Case closed. :biggrin:

Edited by Atreides

Well sometimes the advertized response rate isn't really what you get. I have an 8ms response rate and don't get any noticable ghosting. I only see a little when snapping my view around abnormally fast in some games.

Haven't noticed any tearing/ghosting in SF. Never. Occasionaly little in fast shooters and Arma. But it depends on locations etc i guess. Cheap 19'' 8ms.