Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Journeyman vs. Quantum Leap

I'm sure we'll visit this topic later this fall, but theres an upcoming new series called Journeyman on NBC that may peak some interests from Quantum Leap fans. I loved QL and found it to be an incredible show with just enough balance of drama, humor, and action to make you come back for more. Journeyman appears to be called a drama series I'm confident that it has some Sci-Fi/ Paranormal roots like Quantum Leap and Medium.

Let's hope it does some Justice to the Sci-Fi Community, as I'm getting tired of all the 8 episode and canceled shows each new season.

http://www.nbc.com/Journeyman/

Yeah, tell me about it. Two years ago we had a boon with Surface, Threshold, and Invasion...all cancelled, and only 2 made a full season. Still, all left us hanging.

The best part of QL was the Sam/Al interactions, proving once again good shows are character-based as much as anything else.

Yeah...I really missed SURFACE. There was great character interaction, although the acting was so-so. The scripts were great and each episode brought you back for another. You could see the writing on the wall though because it's a story that has to have an ending...good or bad. Stories that have an ending are difficult for creators to pitch to TV Land because they are all looking for the "Miracle Show" like Star Trek. Stargate and Farscape filled that void. We really need another Sci-Fi to show us a new world for our minds to explore. For me, that world was Babylon 5. I'm sure there will be others, hoped that Serenity would take off....nope.

Serenity took some time to get going. I didn't get hooked till...around the time it was cancelled. :wink:

Lost is pretty much it right now. It's the reason the other 3 shows were made, but they didn't make it and now we have nothing on network TV.

I heard there's gonna be a remake of the Bionic Woman too. I am very doubtful. Although Jake 2.0 had a good concept.

Falcon

Yeah, SB from BSG will be in it, at least the early ones.

I liked Jake 2.0, but it was at the tail end of UPN's SF series run and didn't last. UPN had a few good ones over the years, including Seven Days, that aren't remembered much anymore.

Ehhh. I'll see if I'll like it. I'm a fan of the original series and the concept of combining both original bionic man & woman is interesting. I was hoping to see a more serious remake of the original plot ie updating it with todays lifestyle. But we'll see if I'll like this remake. Fortunately for me there's no pilot script for this leaked out on the web like the new BSG pilot script had been. I was really disappointed by the character changes in BSG. I did watched few esipodes but it didn't really grab me.

Falcon

The new BSG is totally different from the old. Think the difference between the Adam West Batman and the Christian Bale Batman and you'll get the idea.

I thought the old BSG was great for kids who liked Star Wars. The new BSG is great for adults who liked B5. :wink:

The new BSG is totally different from the old. Think the difference between the Adam West Batman and the Christian Bale Batman and you'll get the idea.

I thought the old BSG was great for kids who liked Star Wars. The new BSG is great for adults who liked B5. :wink:

Well the new BSG didn't grab me like B5 did. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Off topic Bale's batman kicks butt :wink:

New BSG didn't grab me right away either....but it did about the middle of the 2nd season.....

Trust me..I'm a huge B5 fan...and the storyline in the new BSG became increasingly interesting in season 2.

Fates