Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

Seen these?

Yep. I'm looking forward to finding out what else there is in the new release. :wink:

Guest Charles

WE have the Camel and Dr.1 Triplane already, of course, but these new ones look very nice.

The AEG G.IV is a pleasant surprise, and the Harry Tate looks great.

Looking forward to it.

Im with Charles on this 1, the time it takes 2 double up on things is time wasted

when i think of a WWI sim it reminds me of an A10 or a helo sim, I.e. plenty of stuff on the deck we have as default , 1970's buildings and some barbed wire

although very nice the dr1 and camel R already in My install , I feel the need for immersion

even RB, flying corps, dawn patrol , and wings of glory all had period towns

we dont need doubleups of the same planes , we do need much more eyecandy, targets,terrains/fronts

While the 3rd party planes are great additions, I don't think you can expect the developer to build his new releases around whats available from outside sources. Even the most popular downloads for planes here number only around 2000, give or take...I hope TK is selling more copies of the game than that. Based on those numbers and forum traffic, I think there are a substantial number of people who buy flightsims who don't vistit sites like this and don't have a HDD full of addon planes.

Im with Charles on this 1, the time it takes 2 double up on things is time wasted

Its not doubling up given the quality differences between the different models. I understand some people are perfectly happy drinking Pabst, but others prefer an icy cold Sam Adams. :yes:

A lot of people know the Dr.I and Camel. That will certainly help sales. As for "doubling up", well, you can always decide which one you like more and then just fly that one later. :grin:

Its not doubling up given the quality differences between the different models. I understand some people are perfectly happy drinking Pabst, but others prefer an icy cold Sam Adams. :yes:

"I'll take one of those Sam Adams!"... :crazy:

I have to concede that with add-ons... "you get what you pay for".

The FE community has stepped up huge with user-made content... but without pointing fingers... some of the offerings are fairly suspect regarding quality. I've downloaded the entire lot and have deleted a fair share of it shortly after... (I've done this with all my Thirdwire simulation installs)... My installs are a tight ship. I only keep planes in my stable that "look and feel" greater or equal to the stock offerings. (Of which there are some superior stuff available)... :good:

For me I need a add-on to "feel" the same as the rest of the simulation... Just a personal thing, but I suspect there are others that think along the same lines as I do.

Edited by Zurawski