I downloaded the Madagascar and the Israel 2 terrains, but can't get them to work properly. I downloaded Polak's desert tiles as well. What now? I placed the files in their respective folders, and I can fly with the new terrain, but it looks weird, with ground targets covered by the terrain and square tiles on the ground that don't look right. I heard something about a desert.cat file, but don't have it anywhere on my HD. A little help ?? :P

I downloaded the Madagascar and the Israel 2 terrains, but can't get them to work properly. I downloaded Polak's desert tiles as well. What now? I placed the files in their respective folders, and I can fly with the new terrain, but it looks weird, with ground targets covered by the terrain and square tiles on the ground that don't look right. I heard something about a desert.cat file, but don't have it anywhere on my HD. A little help ?? :P

what version of the game are you using? SFP1, WOV,or WOE? you may need to do a little tweeking.also are the terrains made for the latest patch or are you up to the patch level of the terrain?

what version of the game are you using? SFP1, WOV,or WOE? you may need to do a little tweeking.also are the terrains made for the latest patch or are you up to the patch level of the terrain?

I'm running WOE 8.30.06. ..... Can someone just tell me where I get the desert.cat file?

Edited by scission

(insert Billie Mays, TV Huckster voice:)

You don't need the desert cat - which only comes in SF.

All you need is little text editing, and and typing skills!!

If you act right now, we'll send you, at no additional charge "The Secrets of Getting Terrains To Work". This fully non-illistrated guide book will take you step by step in making sure all those wonderful terrains show up and work in your game install. Dosen't matter if if SF, WoV or WoE.

Call now, and we'll throw in a complete set of the Wonder Wiper, Miracle Cleaning Cloth. You just pay shipping and handling!

Call the number on your screen, or just follow the link below!!

Operators ARE standing by (or just sitting around - you can never tell with them!)

:rofl: - I really crack myself up sometimes!!! Maybe I should get a job on infomercials...hmm....

You just need to add a line to your ****.ini (the main terrain ini)

The example below is my Israel2 terrain, running beautifully in WoE:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Israel 2

DataFile=Israel 2_data.INI

TargetFile=Israel 2_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Israel 2_types.INI

MovementFile=Israel 2_movement.INI

NationsFile=Israel 2_nations.INI

BriefingText=Israel 2_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Israel 2_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat <-add this he-ear line!

Longitude=29.0

Latitude=35.0

BTW, this very problem is coverd in the Knowledge Base, under the thread Third Party Terrains (<-click me! i'm a link!) or something like that. Just ignore the final conclusiion of "use the desert cat if possible". Under the latest patch, all the items are included in the GermanyCE.cat. For the most part.

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, you're not just a wrench, you're also a mensch, to boot :grin:

thanks, Ed! That what my mom says!

glad you didn't notice the typing/spelling errors!! Been hangin' with Dave too long!! :rolleyes:

What I'm worried about is, somebody might actually want the Wonder Wipes!!! :rofl:

They call my bluff; then what am I gonna do? Ain't giving up my Fireman Friend -- that been through 3 cars, and still works as good as the day I bought it 0ver 10 years ago!

Wrench

kevin stein

(insert Billie Mays, TV Huckster voice:)

You don't need the desert cat - which only comes in SF.

All you need is little text editing, and and typing skills!!

If you act right now, we'll send you, at no additional charge "The Secrets of Getting Terrains To Work". This fully non-illistrated guide book will take you step by step in making sure all those wonderful terrains show up and work in your game install. Dosen't matter if if SF, WoV or WoE.

Call now, and we'll throw in a complete set of the Wonder Wiper, Miracle Cleaning Cloth. You just pay shipping and handling!

Call the number on your screen, or just follow the link below!!

Operators ARE standing by (or just sitting around - you can never tell with them!)

:rofl: - I really crack myself up sometimes!!! Maybe I should get a job on infomercials...hmm....

You just need to add a line to your ****.ini (the main terrain ini)

The example below is my Israel2 terrain, running beautifully in WoE:

BTW, this very problem is coverd in the Knowledge Base, under the thread Third Party Terrains (<-click me! i'm a link!) or something like that. Just ignore the final conclusiion of "use the desert cat if possible". Under the latest patch, all the items are included in the GermanyCE.cat. For the most part.

Wrench

kevin stein

Beautiful, got it working now. Thanks ;) . I did read that third party terrains thread before I started this one... I guess it confused me a little. I'll watch for you on late night tv kevin.

Glad you got it working!!! :good:

That same fix can be applied to any terrain (other than the original desert and VietnamSEA). You can use that line for WoV as well, by just substituting VietnamSEA.cat.

I think capun or somebody much brighter than me first thought of it.

Remember, the more you buy, the bigger my commission check!!! :haha:

Wrench

Kevin Stein