Hi all :biggrin:

I tried find Mig-23BN, but we haven't got this version moddeled, I think.

Or is this plane WIP?

Mig-23BN is very close to history of Czechoslovak air force. It was first 23 serries variant in our air force (we had MF an ML later)

I am not modder, so the only way for me is Mig-27.

It is not problem improve Mig-27 folder (with MIg-27 files) to Mig-23BN. I can change 30MM_GSH630 to 23MM_GSH23 in the new Mig-23BN_data.ini.

30MM_GSH630 model I can't change. It is integrated in the .lod file.

FM is similar for both variants, I hope. I do not understand every value included in the data.inis :blush:

Nose position: can I pull up Mig-27 nose? I mean lift its nose, like Mig-23MF/ML models. Can I do it with edit Mig-27 data.ini?

I do not want to upload Mig-23BN (ex Mig-27) variant. It is for my personal using. I am trying to fly cold war czechoslovak planes in the cold war campaigns. This is the reason, why I want to get Mig-23BN.

I hope that Mig-23BN is WIP :rolleyes:

Edited by kukulino

Didn't Doc Nele post some data ini edits to create the BN?? I seem to recall something along those lines; unless it was just a discussion of the differences in the sub-variants???

Wrench

kevin stein

You can't change something as major as the nose profile with an .ini edit, no. That requires model alterations.

IMHO, the best way to make BN (without making new 3-d model) for stock MiG-27 in WOE. It is actually a MiG-23BN, since has belly-mounted pylons and shorter undercarriage and visually is quite different from MiG-27 (when parked) :smile: . -27 has taller undercarriage and duct-mounted pylons. A nice paintwork could cover little inaccuracies.

I adopted "stock" 27 to act as BN for personal use, i.e. made its _data.ini "compatibile" to that of modded 23 fighter series-but it was long time ago. Data.ini layout of stock model is different so it was rather tricky to follow it. Like ailerons that do not exist on real -23, but it came close. Since I did a lot of mods on 23 figter series since then, it would now require update, and I also don't know about copyright issues to publish it.

Nele

You can 'publish' inis with no real problems, it's just core game files (cats, lods, etc) you can't.

Which would limit it's use to only people with WoE, as the 27 dosn't exist in SF of WoV.

Personally, I say GO FOR IT!! Bring out your inis!

The more Red Air to shoot down, the better, I always says!!! :haha:

(don't tell anyone, I fly on the 'Dark Side' myself, more often than not!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

yes a 23BN would be very nice.

east-german air force flew the Bn too...

btw, are there tmplates for the stock Mig-27 out???

Uuufff, I am sorry guys, I was in the work for five days, and there was no internet...

WOW, GOOD news about Mig-23BN data.ini

DO IT, PLEASE :clapping:

POST IT, PLEASE :fans:

Edited by kukulino

thinking more along the lines of the 27 converted to the 23BN, especiallly for those without WoE...

what about ini mods ONLY for the 27D that USAFMTL and Team brought out a few months ago??

Now, I'm sure the shape isn't quite right for what we want, and it lacks a decent cockpit with a screen for those decadent Western TV progams... -because the one workable pit is unreleasable due to permissions- (unless Lexx can do his MOVE magic on an existing pit to shift the screen to the upper right, russanize the gauges, etc)

Just something I thought I'd toss out there...yeah, I know, stuck thinking outside the box again!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

For those that don't yet know, I made "feel" modification of fighter-series Floggers as well as MiG-27D (which resulted in MiG-27K spinoff). Fighter Flogger ini's are in download section, and MiG-27D/K can be found in the forum here.

They are all unified in FM, that has been made not "scientiifically", but more on the feeling and understanding of the things from the manual(s).

I have also modified stock MiG-27 (actually, by all external characteristics-MiG-23BN) as much as it was possible to fighter series (ini file has a different layout) for home use. What I need now is to update it to the published ini's and write a "procedure" how somebody could implement it in WOE (only in WOE, due to copyright).

Existing (and beautiful!) 3d-model of MiG-27D can be used as a basis for BN. Ini modification is even easier (de-tuned MiG-23M)-but taller undercarriage and duct-mounted pylons clearly make it MiG-27, not 23BN. Even all thee "duck-noses" of Strike Floggers (23BN/27D/27K) differ considerably among each other.

Also, an interesting mod would be MIG-23B, the first version of BN with Lyulka Al-21F engine. Had a better range.

Paintwork can be stock 27 low-res, maybe I could bleach&wear it a bit for 23BN, but I don't know if I'm allowed.

Nele

For those that don't yet know, I made "feel" modification of fighter-series Floggers as well as MiG-27D (which resulted in MiG-27K spinoff). Fighter Flogger ini's are in download section, and MiG-27D/K can be found in the forum here.

They are all unified in FM, that has been made not "scientiifically", but more on the feeling and understanding of the things from the manual(s).

I have also modified stock MiG-27 (actually, by all external characteristics-MiG-23BN) as much as it was possible to fighter series (ini file has a different layout) for home use. What I need now is to update it to the published ini's and write a "procedure" how somebody could implement it in WOE (only in WOE, due to copyright).

Existing (and beautiful!) 3d-model of MiG-27D can be used as a basis for BN. Ini modification is even easier (de-tuned MiG-23M)-but taller undercarriage and duct-mounted pylons clearly make it MiG-27, not 23BN. Even all thee "duck-noses" of Strike Floggers (23BN/27D/27K) differ considerably among each other.

Also, an interesting mod would be MIG-23B, the first version of BN with Lyulka Al-21F engine. Had a better range.

Paintwork can be stock 27 low-res, maybe I could bleach&wear it a bit for 23BN, but I don't know if I'm allowed.

Nele

WoooW!

I tried Mig-27D FM with Mig-21F series cocpit, (It comes with Gepards 27 mod for WOE). Just improvisation. This pit is very nice. But I don't know haw can I change aim point for rockets (UB-16 etc.). I know it for cannon, but for rocket pods... :blush:

I have Su-17 cocpit placed in Mig-23ML, Su-17 and Su-22M4 (changed folder name only, and basic .ini changes). Su-17 pit is "universal". But I can't have it in every Mig folder (no every Mig has create specific pit, as we know). It looks, that I am flying in the Fitter, not in Mig :crazy:

Nele, whot does it mean de-tuned MiG-23M?

I can't wait for your BN data.ini :spartak:

Edited by kukulino

OK, I have "transplanted" the data into stock MiG-27 data.ini (in new MiG-23BN folder). It's a bit of the mixture of information from fighter MiG-23 and MiG-27D made to fit into "stock" data.ini. Flies well, but I have some problems with spins :smile: Must be the quirk of the notepad text formatting.

Since spoilers and slats are non-existent on the stock model, I cannot simulate those to be visible. Swing-wing is completely different, but I think I got it right.

Also, the fuel tank is not visible (Su-7's 600 lit)... I think there was a solution to that here somewhere on the forum. I'll have to move belly pylons attaching position a notch, but I have no reference! Pylons look well.

It uses Su-17 cockpit-I would like to know can I somehow drop it a little? Would be helpful for MiG-27D/K, too.

Expect this little mod soon.

Nele

OOOOHHHH...

I will go to work for next five days... No computer, no internet, no WOE... :fie:

I can't wait, I caaan't waiiiiiit :shout::rolleyes:

Edited by kukulino