Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

Nascar 08 demo now available

I have just finihed downloading the demo for Nascar 08 on the Xbox Live Marketplace. First impressions - it seems pretty good, the demo is limited though so you can't do any setup which is a shame as I'd like to have seen how much tinkering is available. One track and limited opponents - not giving much away EA!

EA Screwed the PC crowd. I wasn't very happy with their approach of the console version either. Didn't they put in some system that made AI cars more agressive if you rubbed them? The PC version was huge and is still played today, and probably will be played for 5 more years...or more.

I think this is a game better suited to a wheel for smoother turning into bends where on a super speedway even the slightest of over corrections can bleed speed badly. Only had a quick go very late last night but in the cold light of day it doesn't look very nextgen to me, last night I thought it was just my standard def tv spoiling the graphics a little but it certainly does not rate against any of the current driving games. Unfortunately as I said in my previous post the demo is very limited so with the reservations I have and not being able to try tweaking car setups etc I won't be buying this. I'll stick to the TPSCC mod for rFactor for my stock car racing fix.

From what I hear, it sounds like this is NASCAR SimRacing 2, but on the 360 instead of PC.