F111.jpg

The image circled in red.... what is it and where can I find it???

The plane pictured is an F-111 from the 27th Fighter Wing but that is not the badge (insignia) for the 24th Fighter Wing. It is also not the insignia for any of the Squadrons under the 27th Fighter Wing. I have a feeling it is a Fighter Command logo or something similar but I can not find it. Some help would be appreciated.

I wanna say thats the TAC shield but i'm probably wrong UASFMTL would know alot better than i do

Bingo. Found it after you said that. For some reason the terminology was escaping my mind.

Its a TAC shield

web_afg_021220_032.jpg

But you have an ACC patch though shown. Same looking patch, different name.

TAC%20patch.JPG

TAC

The good ole days

Screw TAC......SAC was THE command

SAC.jpg

To err is human, to forgive is not SAC policy.......

I am just old SAC Warrior though....... :smile:

Ah, a SAC trained killer! :haha:

TAC was the only command I served in my 14 fun-filled years.

If I could make out the tail number better, I could let you know if I worked on that particular beast before it shipped off to Cannon.

It almost looks like 124, an "E" model we had at the 431 TES, but it really gets pixelated in the tail section, for some reason...

Guest Saganuay82

From the site.

The yellow fin cap of General Dynamics F-111D Aardvark, 68-0124 indicates that it is from the 524 TFS based at Cannon Air Force Base in New Mexico. Tail code CC denotes the 27th TFW. The SEA camouflage worn by the F-111 had black on the lower surfaces instead of off-white. It was retired to AMARC as FV0046 on Apr 25, 1991.

I think it would probably fit into the Tactical Air Command. It is afterall the 27th TFW 522nd, 523rd and 524th TFS. Yes, it did ship off to Canon AFB. The nose insignia is a 27th TFW badge.

I have gotten the correct insignia now. Now to try and fuddle with the darn alpha channels to get tail codes to show up properly.

522.jpg

Edited by {FL}Hausser

Guest Saganuay82

You have worked with Alpha channels before? Only takes a few mins once you are on to it.

I have done alpha channels for my RFactor cars and they have always worked. I for some stupid reason following the exact same procedure can not get them to work in WOV.

I think it would probably fit into the Tactical Air Command. It is afterall the 27th TFW 522nd, 523rd and 524th TFS. Yes, it did ship off to Canon AFB. The nose insignia is a 27th TFW badge.

I have gotten the correct insignia now. Now to try and fuddle with the darn alpha channels to get tail codes to show up properly.

522.jpg

Um dude you are killing yourself for work I already did....

Um dude you are killing yourself for work I already did....

I have everyone of the 48th and 27 TFW's done. All squadrons.....

WOW. Could I please have the skins/insignia for the 27th? I am using them in my Operation Thunderhead for Libya.

WOW. Could I please have the skins/insignia for the 27th? I am using them in my Operation Thunderhead for Libya.

Just remember the 17th flew D models. No laser pods, had to be illuminated from the ground. If you want laser pods, then use the F-111F with the 48th TFW.

That is quite fine by me. The F-111 units are all going to be AI planes anyway. That is a LONG flight from Sigonella to many of the targets in Libya.

Guest Sony Tuckson

ah?

Sigonella, Sicily Island isn't that far from Lybia, as opposed to Lakenheath or Upper Heyford, from where the actual strike was launched.....

Lakenheath or Upper Heyford, from where the actual strike was launched.....

Lakenheath

Is

Bombing

Your

Ass!

Sorry, flew with some F-111 guys who were in that strike who had this patch...

FastCargo

ah?

Sigonella, Sicily Island isn't that far from Lybia, as opposed to Lakenheath or Upper Heyford, from where the actual strike was launched.....

I fully agree on that however, I did not assume that many of the players would want to make that flight every mission that they flew. Maybe if I see feedback outherwise I will edit the F-111 units to be Player Flown.