Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Do you guys sleep?

I know why I am not sleeping right now (work). Some of you though seem to be active on this board all day and night :dntknw:

I've always been a night owl. The condition is aggravated because I fly for FedEx (overnight freight). Also, even when I'm home, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night...so I usually go downstairs for a bit, get a drink, drop in here, then hit the sack again.

FastCargo

I am command and control in the AF, there is no such thing as sleep.

What's sleep?

Working 7 PM to 7 AM over here

What's sleep?

Working 7 PM to 7 AM over here

I'm on 1800-0600 :wacko: It really starts to hit @ the 0300 mark. Then the commute home. oh man i gotta 45 minute drive and i think i doze though the last half.

Just pour a pot of coffee down your shorts.....guarantee you won't feel the need to doze off

Seriously though....the 12 hour night shift is great. I got my little portable DVD player with the PS2 attached...play a little GTA, maybe a little God of War....next thing I know...it's already 6 in the morn and the sun is coming up....

Oh man. I just went outside to swap the prover over and holy crap. My granddad was right when he said one of the coldest winters he spent was a summer in San Francisco. Cold and windy tonight here in the East bay. That will keep me awake.

Yeah the nights are great, i really don't mind. If it is quiet and slow I can read, a little SFP1

just got back from base... :)

it's hoter than hell here... :|

didn't sleep much tonight, usually i "sleep" for 7-8 hours

Edited by Nesher

When I was on my normal schedule, I'd usually got to bed between 0100-0200 since I'd work 1300-2300 or so.

Fast Cargo-> Where are you based out of? Airframe?

I work nights, so I'm up late. Plus I get on the computer at work during lunch or break and check out whats going on.

If I could, I would probably sleep 12 hrs/day. :grin:

When I was on my normal schedule, I'd usually got to bed between 0100-0200 since I'd work 1300-2300 or so.

Fast Cargo-> Where are you based out of? Airframe?

Based out of Memphis, currently on the A300/310. If I read your location right, I've been up to your neck of the woods many a time in an A310 and DC-10.

FastCargo