Sign in to follow this  
keith

Need help with Solomons mod

Hi Guys, n00b here again!

I have a couple of questions concerning the fantastic Solomns mod by Edward. I have been having great fun with this mod (clean install over SFG) torpedoing everything in sight, and have now enlisted in the USN ready for some carrier-based missions.

1. I cannot get the carriers to appear (at least not where my aircraft is) when flying as a USN pilot. My plane is floating above the sea. and there are other aircraft parked around me as though I was at an airfield in the ocean. I have read the tutorial in the KB and all seems to be in order.

2. I often get a strange effect where I seem to be sharing the same space with my wingman when waiting to take off, so that 2 planes appear out of 1... Am I making sense here? This effect always occurs when trying to use a carrier.

Hope you can help

Keith

I have been toying around with it, too, trying build a campaign. So what I'm saying comes from this perspective.

Do you have designated a carrier station on the map? I'm asking this because the solomon_targets.ini does not have one in it, so I had to add it myself.

The entry should look like this:

[TargetArea021]

Name=Echo Station

Position=730000,450000

Radius=5657

ActiveYear=0

Location=3

Alignment=FRIENDLY

CarrierStation=TRUE

I'm not sure whether this also required for creating single missions, but it's necessary to operate from a carrier during a campaign.

Edited by Gocad

Thanks Gocad, I'll try it out tonight

No go Gocad - everything is in place. just can't get the Task Force to show up.

The 'double plane' effect is there when my plane is parked alongside the runway - as though I were #2 and me and #2 are sharing the same place...

No go Gocad - everything is in place. just can't get the Task Force to show up.

The 'double plane' effect is there when my plane is parked alongside the runway - as though I were #2 and me and #2 are sharing the same place...

I think that was made before the sp4 for the ships. I have it downloaded too and noted the same shortfall. So far as i know, it is a WIP. It has to be updated to the latest release. I've had some success substituting updated ship models for the ones in the Solomons and they occasionally show up.

I think that was made before the sp4 for the ships. I have it downloaded too and noted the same shortfall. So far as i know, it is a WIP. It has to be updated to the latest release. I've had some success substituting updated ship models for the ones in the Solomons and they occasionally show up.

Eh? The Solomons Terrain I d/l here requires WOV, so ships are definitely in:

post-22093-1185950896_thumb.jpg

Like I said before, I do not know whether single missions and campaigns are different regarding carrier placement, but after I added a carrier station in the Solomons_Targets.ini, the carrier showed up in my campaign where it should.

Edited by Gocad

That'll be it then - I have it installed over SFG. I'll re-install it over WoV tonight.

Isn't this fun!

Could some one please tell me where to find the Solomons_Targets.ini file!

It is located in the Terrain folder.