Sign in to follow this  
MacGalin

How to get rid of AIM-4 as default loadout?

Pardon me if my first post is a stupid question, but i have a small problem with weapons pack.

Ive recently bought Wings over Europe, and after installing Weapons Pack, i noticed that default weapons on early Phantom variants are AIM-4s. (im not sure if the problem appered in SFG, since i havent played it for a while)

Loadout.ini says Aim-9E and Aim-7E, but when they are unavaiable game should switch to earlier versions - instead it switches to the Falcons. Is there any way of going around this, other than deleting AIM-4 from weapons.ini?.

And sorry about my english, its not my native language.

Edited by MacGalin

It looks to me, MacGalin, as though the problem is due to the AIM-4D having a later service date than the AIM-9B. The game should pick the most recently developed missile available if it can't find the default one, which in this case means it will pick the AIM-4D. You could solve the problem by changing the default loadout for the plane to the AIM-9B, but then it would load the AIM-9B even when later model Sidewinders became available.

Unfortunately there's no way (to my knowledge) to inform the game that it should look for other Sidewinder variants to the exclusion of other types.

Edited by saint aj

If you don't want the AIM-4 to appear ever, you could use the weapons editor to delete it completely from the game.

Pardon me if my first post is a stupid question, but i have a small problem with weapons pack.

Ive recently bought Wings over Europe, and after installing Weapons Pack, i noticed that default weapons on early Phantom variants are AIM-4s. (im not sure if the problem appered in SFG, since i havent played it for a while)

Loadout.ini says Aim-9E and Aim-7E, but when they are unavaiable game should switch to earlier versions - instead it switches to the Falcons. Is there any way of going around this, other than deleting AIM-4 from weapons.ini?.

And sorry about my english, its not my native language.

Should only be on the F-4C's I think - the USAF used the AIM-4 instead of the AIM-9B for a while - the Navy used the AIM-9 from the start - (Navy developed it I think)

You could also tweak the AIM-4 parameters using the weapons editor to make it as good / better than the AIM-9B if you like - think it was useless in real life though.

Should only be on the F-4C's I think - the USAF used the AIM-4 instead of the AIM-9B for a while - the Navy used the AIM-9 from the start - (Navy developed it I think)

You could also tweak the AIM-4 parameters using the weapons editor to make it as good / better than the AIM-9B if you like - think it was useless in real life though.

AIM-4 was IIRC degsined to shoot straight moving heavy bommbers, and it should be useless. Im thinking about toying with weapon editor, and changing its size and weight parameters, so it would no longer fit on phantom racks.

You can always add this to the sidewinder stations:

NotAllowedWeapon=

and then 'name' the missile to not be loaded. Works on the Yak-25!

Editing the loadout won't help, most of the time, as it'll still load what available for that year.

Wrench

kevin stein

You can always add this to the sidewinder stations:

NotAllowedWeapon=

and then 'name' the missile to not be loaded. Works on the Yak-25!

Editing the loadout won't help, most of the time, as it'll still load what available for that year.

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, if this works it would be awesome - thanks!