Sign in to follow this  

Got a quick question for anyone whom may have a handle on this.

currently working on a mini campaign proof of cencept based on the Operation Tainted Cigar Cuban terrain. just wondering if anyone happens to know what parameter controls weather within the campaign. done a search, hit google too with nothing appreciable gained.

anyone any ideas, and if so, can we control the campaign engine to limit weather options to defined parameters?

any ideas or leads appreciated, thanks

gopher66ca

ittech.ferguson

I have torn the campaigns apart for months now and I can not find what controls the weather. We may have to dig into the one of the control.ini's. I am running out of ideas quickly.

I've spent a couple of hours on this one this evening and I believe we are out of luck.

My suspicions lead me to campaign.dll in the flight folder but while dll's cannot be read in the normal sense having been compiled, I've had an unproductive look inside the dll but short of reverse engineering (probably a no no) I don't see any other course to follow.

I am pretty sure the setting is not within any of the .ini files.

oh well, plan B, count your blessings, not your troubles

cheers,

gopher66ca

So is this something the design team would want to help out on....say release the weather code or whatever?

Would be good to have more inclement weather in campaign.

So is this something the design team would want to help out on....say release the weather code or whatever?

Would be good to have more inclement weather in campaign.

Would be nice but TK said he isn't going to release any core game code.

If i take a look to the First Eagle WWI sim of TK i find weather parameters in the terrain files. I guess, that TK will implement this feature in the SFP1 seria when he release WOI. Or better said, i hope he will do it.

Edited by Gepard