Hi, I noticed a while back som eone was doing variants of the su-27 but I haven't heard anything. is it still a wip? i believe there were some Indian su-27's as well. any info apprec. thx.

The models are finnished and all the other stuff is what is taking time to do (ini files). Am I right?

Hope marcfighters gives a glimpse of the cockpit :D

Heres some stuff I found in a forum maybe a repost but a good look at the su-35BM

http://www.knaapo.com/eng/news/news.wbp?id...E-C9D63A9ADDC7#

I have a question

Are all models after su-27 really new planes or just upgrades to the su-27?

Whats the difference in variant and upgrade (may sound dumb but it's tricky for me)?

Ithink that they are knew aircraft using similar design features pioneared by the su-27

kind of like the mig-31 with the mig-25 the 31 is a new aircraft that uses mig-25 design features

The models are finnished and all the other stuff is what is taking time to do (ini files). Am I right?

Hope marcfighters gives a glimpse of the cockpit :D

Heres some stuff I found in a forum maybe a repost but a good look at the su-35BM

http://www.knaapo.com/eng/news/news.wbp?id...E-C9D63A9ADDC7#

I have a question

Are all models after su-27 really new planes or just upgrades to the su-27?

Whats the difference in variant and upgrade (may sound dumb but it's tricky for me)?

Variants are usually adaptations of existing designs to different roles to provide an expanded capability for an existing platform. An upgrade is something that allows a current platform to do what it does, just better. But it can also provide an expansion of roles it can undertake too. The introduction of multimode radars allowed interceptor variants of some aircraft to undertake strike roles as well.

As for the Su-27 family, some are modernisations, some are complete redesigns, but compared to the early models, current standard aircraft look vastly different to their progenitors. eg. The Su-27/ Su-35 gap is a complete redesign, various systems have been moved, new ones integrated, several design changes to take further advatage of the basic design (weight reduction, more advanced or revised construction techniques, etc), introduction of canards, fly-by-wire avionics, new landing gear, associated electrical and hydraulic systems, a revised fuel system, complete cockpit revision and so on and so on.

The Su-30 is a great example of this as it's incorporated a modular design approach that has allowed almost every type to be tailored for each specific operator dependant on their respective needs. The VVS Su-30 will look and operate differently compared to the Su-30MKV which is different again to the Su-30MKM which yet again is quite different to the Su-30KMI. In theory this approach then makes the airframe more flexible to installation of foreign avionics, something which has traditionally hindered Russian military exports (that and that Russia has been pretty rigid about being the only source of operator maintenance and support in the past).

The Su-30 designation for the Flanker series is for the twin seater variants.

Su-30 operators

India :

Su-30K

Su-30MK

Su-30MKI

Malaysia:

Su-30MKM

China:

Su-30MKK(PLAAF)

Su-30MKK2(PLANAF)

Venezuela:

Su-30MKV(MK2)

Vietnam:

Su-30MK

Russia:

SU-27UB/Su-30MK

Differences in the variants lie in the equipment used in them. For e.g, the Indian Su-30MKI is equipped with Israeli, French and Russian systems. It is also equipped with TVC nozzles and canards. The Malysian Su-30MKM is similar to the MKI except that in place of Israeli equipment, it has French systems onboard. The Su-30MKI is manufactured in India under license by HAL.

Note : Su-30KI desigantion was given to an upgraded single seat Su-27 meant for the Indonesian Air Force. ANd so far it is the only "single seat" Su-30.