Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have an idea why I would loose my speech, cannon and sidewinder sounds? I can hear the plane and that is it. Its random too. Sometime I will get the cannon sounds sometimes I won't. But the rest are in the folders, but I am not hearing them. I am running Vista by the way.

It happens rarely to me also. How many channels have you set in sound options? Try reducing their number, SF does strange things with sound sometimes.

Dave... the knowledge base has a wealth of info about SF/WOV/WOE.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:sorry bro I had to :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyone have an idea why I would loose my speech, cannon and sidewinder sounds? I can hear the plane and that is it. Its random too. Sometime I will get the cannon sounds sometimes I won't. But the rest are in the folders, but I am not hearing them. I am running Vista by the way.

What sound card are you using?

Falcon

What sound card are you using?

Falcon

Realtek HD

Ahh a onboard sound. Well from my experinces with onboard sound is that they tend to drain CPUs. Are you just getting missing sounds? Any frame rate problems? Are you using a laptop by a chance?

Falcon

No I am not using a laptop. Right now it only seems to be the sidewinder and the speech sounds. I got cannon now. I think a new install might be in order.

Yeah you could reinstall. Did you check if the onboard sound has new drivers? Maybe the sound files got corrupted?

Falcon

Yeah you could reinstall. Did you check if the onboard sound has new drivers? Maybe the sound files got corrupted?

Falcon

Yeah I am going to update the drivers and do a clean install of WOE.

Updated the drivers and I am good! Thanks CAF! Hey I will be at Wright Pat next week Monday through next Saturday. PM me and I will get you my number so we can go to the museum.

Whew! Good to hear ya got your sound back.

Good thing too... "MY" suggestion was going to be to clean our your ears.

:rofl:

Updated the drivers and I am good! Thanks CAF! Hey I will be at Wright Pat next week Monday through next Saturday. PM me and I will get you my number so we can go to the museum.

PM sent dude.

Falcon