Sign in to follow this  
lazboy

DC-130 Drone mothership

As a newbie I am trying to learn the intricacies of WOE by doing some fairly simple modifications and I am currently looking at modifying an existing C-130 to carry and launch from under its wings 2 or more BQM-34 drones as the DC-130 did for real.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to turn the current downloadable BMQ-34 drone so that WOE recognises it as a launchable missle rather than a flyable aircraft, which files would I need to add or delete or modify to create a BQM-34 missile?

post-27199-1188503430_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1188503635_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1188503677_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazboy

That should be okay to do (I think), I would imagine the main steps to make it work are...

1. Take the BMW-34 lod file and create a new weapon with it (probably a cruise missile)

2. Make a new aircraft from the C-130, and edit the ini files so that it will have the correct weapon stations, loadouts, etc.

3. New paintjob to suit the aircraft

4. About a gazillion testing hours.

A lot of the information and instruction you will need can be found here in the Knowledge Base.

One possible snag; you may need a modeler to make you some new pylons for the drones.

Edited by bibbolicious

That should be okay to do (I think), I would imagine the main steps to make it work are...

1. Take the BMW-34 lod file and create a new weapon with it (probably a cruise missile)

2. Make a new aircraft from the C-130, and edit the ini files so that it will have the correct weapon stations, loadouts, etc.

3. New paintjob to suit the aircraft

4. About a gazillion testing hours.

A lot of the information and instruction you will need can be found here in the Knowledge Base.

One possible snag; you may need a modeler to make you some new pylons for the drones.

Thanks for the insight into what i am getting myself into, i may lack skill but i have plenty of time and endless patience.

-- snip --

BMW-34??? Is this a new 3 series I haven't heard about? :dntknw: Perhaps with the 5/7 series 4.0L V-8?? Maybe something for only the Euro market??? :haha:

Back to the subject...

I like the idea of making a cruise missile out it!! There was supposed to be a 'Drone Launch Facility' on the Range Terrain, but I've never seen it (well, working anway).....hmm...perhaps model them as a SAM, ....nah, that wouldn't work. (rats!)

I'd model it with parameters like the SRAM (didn't the Firebee's have a pretty good range?), but give it NO weapon (ie: no warhead)

Possibly make it TV guided, equip the drone carrier with a 'fake' LLTV, and perhaps you'd be able to watch through the 'nose camera' as it overflys it's target (or more likely crashes into it)

Some very interesting concepts here...and probably MOST workable/doable!

Wrench

kevin stein