Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Environmentsystem.ini sun issue (again..)

Please forgive me if this topic has been beaten to death in all of the forums, but after re-reading every post that I could locate, I still have a question. How can I RETAIN the lensflare effect but get rid of the giant white rectangle that surrounds the sun in WOV?? Most posts get rid of the lensflare effect, but I rather like it. Is anyone else getting this or is this a function of patching and/or my graphics card.

I have not installed the last patch since WOV would not run after doing so on my old PC, and I have too much installed now (YAP) to patch again.

Mike Druzolowski

Comment out this header, like so (using a semi-colon): ;[LensFlareMaterial5].

You can also delete it and all the data under the header.

Thanks,

I solved my problem. I basically lifted the entire Environmentsystem.ini from First Eagles and dropped it into my WOV Flight folder, and with a few minor mods, the result is Superb, and still retaining the lensflare effect. Recommended to all.

Thanks again,

Mike D.

Nice sig Fubar. More reason for me to come to CA. :biggrin:

Edited by serverandenforcer

hehe the fembots were all over last week, when USAFMTL w/cheese gets back ask him for one!