Sign in to follow this  
Piloto

New MS Combat Sim 3?

Does anybody knows if its been developded the a new MS Combat Flight Sim? with modern airplanes maybe? :wink:

No. To find out more try Simviation.

When someone on SimHQ I think interviewed the ACES team about MSFS he asked about a new CFS. Word was "no plans at this time." Shame, really. The shots I saw of the canceled CFS4 were very good.

A shame, from what BEAR said, it was backwards compatable with 3's aircraft. The scenery looked like FSX in density and quality from the pre-beta screens. Hopefully they'll pick it up again. 3 has been vastly improved by modders, but its still missing alot of code, and while we have SF/FE/WOE open to modding, they don't do props and realism as well (no avhistory FMs either)

When someone on SimHQ I think interviewed the ACES team about MSFS he asked about a new CFS. Word was "no plans at this time." Shame, really. The shots I saw of the canceled CFS4 were very good.

There where shots? :blink: Where?

Don't know. The one thread I saw later had the pics pulled, probably because the pics were technically still under NDA even though it was cancelled.

That wiki specifically is contrary to what I saw in those leaked shots. No F-4 Phantom, no Vietnam. It was a C-47 in the mountains, although the mountains weren't identified. While AC-47s WERE used during Nam, it wasn't one of those.

I don't know if it was to be West Euro again or Pacific (following their "see saw" with CFS 1-3 going WE, Pac, WE), but it could've been a C-47 flying over "the hump."

Guest pfunkmusik

That would have been me. They want to. They REALLY want to. They just have no plans at this time to work on it. Right now, they're concentrating on getting the most out of FSX.

Which doesn't seem to be working well considering they've already seen one price drop.

pfunk

I just saw an add for an official addon for it yesterday as well.

To hear they really want to go back to CFS is good to hear, much nicer to know the developers haven't abandoned the series and would bring her back if they can. EVERYONE BUY FSX so they have the resources!

Yeah, I saw that in PC Gamer myself and stopped for a second. Hornet!! I almost thought it was a combat add-on before I realized it was just planes and missions with carrier ops.

At this point, I'd pay for FSX and then the addon to get a CFS4! Too bad.

Microsoft is makeing a addon pack for fsx. Why not make a CFS Addon ? My Option that would be a great idea. :good:

A little bit of tweaking and wala.

The new add-on for FSX is called: "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration "

Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Goes Gold

Microsoft's expansion gets ready for takeoff.

posted by Alexis Dunham

October 2, 2007 - Microsoft Game Studios today announced the first expansion pack for the critically acclaimed "Flight Simulator X," released last Fall, has gone gold and will begin hitting retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd.

Developed by ACES Studio, "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" adds a wealth of new content and features, allowing gamers to race against each other in amazing, highly-detailed locations around the world. Aviators are able to test their skills and heroism in many new missions while enjoying three exciting new aircraft and the ability to share rewards, photos and videos with friends and the broader flight simulator community.

"Flight Simulator X," which launched in October 2006, introduced gamers to a beautifully rich and realistic world offering a completely new and innovative gaming experience. Available in both standard and deluxe versions, "Flight Simulator X" allows gamers of all ages, types and skill levels opportunities to cruise more than 24,000 airports and experience first-hand what it's like to be an aviator traveling the globe. With the addition of more than 50 missions and increased online game capabilities, "Flight Simulator X" is more than just a simulator and has proved to be the fastest selling addition to the 25-year "Flight Simulator" franchise.

"Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" will be available for the estimated retail price of $29.99 for Windows. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" is rated "E10+" for everyone 10 and older. "Flight Simulator X" is required to play "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration."

For more information about "Flight Simulator X" and "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration," please visit www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx and www.fsinsider.com.