Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Come on in!

Ok, folks, here's the forum for the space sims that aren't Star Wars or Star Trek.

Bring in your Orbiter stuff and your other little-known space sims that are crying out for recognition. :wink:

Ok, folks, here's the forum for the space sims that aren't Star Wars or Star Trek.

Bring in your Orbiter stuff and your other little-known space sims that are crying out for recognition. :wink:

OHH YEAH!!!

but i need to ask for permission from the original mod makers for me to re-post their works...

i am still waiting for their reply....

could i also upload a basic Orbiter gamefile?

i mean the whole working game, without mods?

thanks for allowing me to put orbiter on combatace!!!

okay, here are the facts:

Orbiterbasic.zip=48.7Mb(may increase, as i will upload orbiter with sound installed)

unzip into hard drive.

These are the minimum requirements to run ORBITER on your computer:

• 600 MHz PC or better (Pentium, Athlon, etc.)
  • 256MB RAM or more
  • Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
  • DirectX 7.0 or higher
  • DirectX compatible 3D graphics accelerator card with at least 16MB of video RAM (32MB or more recommended) and DXT texture compression support.
  • Approximately 120MB of free disk space for the minimum installation (additional high-resolution textures and addons will require more space).
  • DirectX compatible joystick (optional)

Running Orbiter on a lower-spec computer is likely to result in unsatisfactory performance.

basic orbiter has only low res textures for other planets and earth

high res textures require higher spec pc's.

Orbiter SDK(Systems Developement kit)

<LI>The SDK package contains utilities and libraries for addon developers. It is not required to run Orbiter.

but can be used to reposition vehicles, etc.

unzip orbitersdk into orbiter main folder.

Orbiter sound 3.5 installed

activate sounds, no downloading needed.

How to play orbiter:

>click on the orbiter.exe

>a window named orbiter launch pad appears

>to set video size,(can be windowed,and if in full screen, adjust resolution) by clicking on the Video tab

>to activate sound, click on modules tab and click on orbitersound.mfd

>click on the Scenarios tab

>select a scenario(e.g. shuttle atlantis/satellite launch, usually with an orbiter icon)

>click launch orbiter

PLAY IN SPACE!!!!

note:

i put the file under star trek, for the moderators have not made a separate thread for it.

i hope they move it into a combat ace/ORBITER thread....

thanks

I honestly don't know. I suppose that depends on if there are other mirrors for it or if the makers want it at a central location only.

Orbiter is great, I have been flying it for a couple years now. There are several great addons for it and with a little editing you can create your own space program. Its hard to believe spmething this cool is totally free, Martin deserves a medal!

I really like flying the early Mercury missions. I Know, I Know, Mercury does not require alot of pilot input, but it gives you an idea of what it was like for the first astronauts. The Gemini,Apollo and Shuttle Fleet mods are also pretty good. My First moon landing in the LM was quite nerve racking and i ended up a pretty long distance from my planned landing site, but it was a blast! :good: