Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

I just can't stop...

I just cannot stop playing WoV after installing Brain32's photo realistic terrain tiles. They add to the immersion in a big way, although I have found myself getting shot down quite often, simply because I was busy admiring the scenery :biggrin:

gallery_279_43_386013.jpg

gallery_279_43_271308.jpg

Thx guys, aaaaand I'm not done yet so here is a small shot of my next project, early-mid WiP

img00001-1.jpg

:clapping:

Wow,another great terrain is coming up.

Thank,s alot!

It certainly looks like Brain32 has successfully joined the very small group of "terrain artists" in the community. Thanks for all your hard work!

Well I'm glad you like it guys. As for the GermanCE terrain, I can't give the ETA yet, basic stuff is pretty much done, however I still have no clue what to do with the road tiles as they are major PIA and some other stuff that is just a bit time consuming.

When it get's closer to completition I'll post a few shots like with the Vietnam tiles, a dozen of eyes see more things than just two :wink:

Well I'm glad you like it guys. As for the GermanCE terrain, I can't give the ETA yet, basic stuff is pretty much done, however I still have no clue what to do with the road tiles as they are major PIA and some other stuff that is just a bit time consuming.

When it get's closer to completition I'll post a few shots like with the Vietnam tiles, a dozen of eyes see more things than just two :wink:

Mind if I ask where you are getting all these great textures from you are using on your tiles? I am working on redoing the textures / tiles for the Middle East (Libya) and much of my grassy areas with trees come out blurry when rendered in game. I am doing them on 512 x 512 tiles. Any help would be appreciated.

Edwho?

These freaking rock!

And the price is right!

It`s a great terrain now, I play it more than any other. Played the Israel terrain for a long while but now this one looks realy cool and it`S not payware!

Hi, is there a way to create a separate terrain for the new tiles and still keep the default one? what i mean is there a way to have both selectable at the same time rather than do it manually? I'd like to have both selectable in terrain screen.

Hi, is there a way to create a separate terrain for the new tiles and still keep the default one? what i mean is there a way to have both selectable at the same time rather than do it manually? I'd like to have both selectable in terrain screen.

Just rename the folder to something like "VietnamPhotoReal", then rename the VietnamSEA.ini to "VietnamPhotoreal.ini"

Next, open the newly renamed .ini file, and edit the first line to match this : TerrainFullName=VietnamPhotoReal, and then you'll have two separate, selectable terrains.